What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some HH Black followed by TPS 1792 RR selection. I'm going to try the 1792 67:33 w/ a VOB BiB next to try to round it off and bring some fruit back.

Since its been a while, over the last week or two I've had Bookers, VWSR Lot B, Vintage 17, VOB BiB and JPS 18. The JPS 18 was awesome as always, and I'm about to run out of that. The Bookers is good, but for some reason it kind of reminds me of OGD 114, which tastes much better and is significantly cheaper. The Lot B is ho hum...I've never really gotten that into...it was stupid of me to bunker some of that stuff...hopefully I'll develop a taste for it. The Vintage 17 I have gone back and forth on, and seem to be developing a taste for it. The VOB BiB is ok, but I think it's close in flavor profile to FC and I like FC a lot more.

we did a Willett tour today, and for the sample i chose the 8 year 120 proof bourbon. from the tiny sample i got, i reaaaaally liked it. since ive never seen it in a store, and the gift shop didnt even have any, where do you find that stuff?

id like to try an actual glass of it, because from what i got out of the sample, it would easily give my favorite Bookers a run for the money. I also expect it to go beyond my $50 limit, if it can even be found.

anyone seen any in stores?

The Willett brand is by nature variable. A Willet 8 could be from pretty much any distillery. They're extremely back ordered right now... I think Eric at P&M has some coming in soon.

Opened a WT American Spirit and love the nose and overall flavor of the whiskey, just seems a bit thin? Still a very wonderful pour.

Having some OGD114 with my coffe. Life is great!

ive still yet to try bourbon in coffee, but it just sounds so.....wrong

OWA and then just a touch of EC BP. Just a touch of the BP is sufficient. Reminds me of Brylcreem. Just a little dab'll do ya.

I agree! A little bit is like bourbon extract, good to rev yourself up for a night or slow yourself down for a night-cap.

Re: Bourbon in coffee: it sounds wrong but is soooooooooo right. The effect is like no other. To be fair I love coffee more than about anything else in life.

Emptied the AAA10Star, looks like the W12 is next up.

How are you liking that 10*? Haven't bothered with any AAA but 10 YO for years--even though I have to go to KY to get it and the 10* is available in OH. (We Buckeyes are just perverse.)

Threw a bottle of 2013 4RSmB LE on the Gazebo table this weekend, but never tried it myself. Remedying that oversight this evening, upon returning home from The Motherland. Had I in fact tried it over the weekend, there would be none returning with me today....:D Fantastic whiskey. This bottle will go quickly.

Threw a bottle of 2013 4RSmB LE on the Gazebo table this weekend, but never tried it myself. Remedying that oversight this evening, upon returning home from The Motherland. Had I in fact tried it over the weekend, there would be none returning with me today....:D Fantastic whiskey. This bottle will go quickly.

Joe, what's your take versus the 2012?

Joe, what's your take versus the 2012?

I'll try a side-by-side soon, but a couple of things stand out upon my initial dive into this 2013: Firstly, it is wonderfully thick and viscuous. It oozes down the sides of my glass. I also am getting a lovely heavy, but not overly sweet honeycomb hint over the palate. There is also some seriously aged whiskey involved as part of this mingling, but in no way is it overbearing. Finally, no alcohol burn. It could be that my olfactory sensors are completely fried from the weekend at KBF :D, but even a deep inhalation couldn't negatively overwhelm me with alcohol. Just, beautiful whiskey notes came through.

One of the things that I always get from the 4R LE's and also the HH PHC's, is a certain sort of "Professionalism". Whether any of the iterations hit me in my wheelhouse, or not, I always come away with the impression that some serious thinking went into creating these bottlings. This one is no exception.

i tried some Willett FE 10 year bourbon at a friends b-day party tonight. it's far too woody for me, very much like the ECBP seemed to me. I tried the 8 year WFE at the distillery saturday, though, and loved it. need to keep an eye out for some of that. even the gift shop didnt have any

How are you liking that 10*? Haven't bothered with any AAA but 10 YO for years--even though I have to go to KY to get it and the 10* is available in OH. (We Buckeyes are just perverse.)

Love the AAA10*, in my top 5 for quality and value

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!