What Rye Are You Drinking? Summer 2013

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Also try to do a side by side with a Vintage 23 Rye and Hirsch 22. Since its a fresh bottle of V23r, I let the pour sit for 20 min then pour H23r and let both sit another 60 min. I was busy on something else.

So couldn't do a good side by side but enjoy the pour.

First impression they are very similar and enjoy both very much. I'll repeat this on another day where I can spend more attention on this and not be distracted.

7y3a6a7a.jpg

Sipping on a recent acquisition tonight

9406950062_ff66c8caa1_c.jpg

Michter's 10 Rye

Did you enjoy it? I think it tastes like a young Saz 18

Did you enjoy it? I think it tastes like a young Saz 18

Sipping on it now - haven't had my Saz18 in a while so I need to do a side by side. I do love it though and am bunkering up on these.

Followed up that Michter's 10 with Saz18 and there's some family resemblance - the Saz18 has been open way longer but I'll be d@mned if this isn't a stunner of a whiskey.

Followed up that Michter's 10 with Saz18 and there's some family resemblance - the Saz18 has been open way longer but I'll be d@mned if this isn't a stunner of a whiskey.

Interesting, kind of goes along with my theory and rumors of Michter's source.. Not that I care, good juice is good juice no matter where it came from.

Draining a bottle of Willett Single Barrel 5 year old way too quickly..

Followed up with a freshly popped HW Rendezvous - getting some of that LDI/MGP dill on the nose but if it's like my last bottle, it'll subside with some time.

Had an Old Fashioned with Templeton last night. Trying to drain the bottle. Had heard good things, but not one of my favorites, definitely for the price point at least.

A generous liquor store owner let Devilighter and myself try a bit of Pikesville from 1957... Amazing how much it tasted like LDI sourced rye

Had an Old Fashioned with Templeton last night. Trying to drain the bottle. Had heard good things, but not one of my favorites, definitely for the price point at least.

Agree. I like it well enough but not at $35-$40.

Healthy pour of Willett 4yr . . . this stuff always blows me away for its age (really curious what this "rye whitedog" would taste like).

Drinking some 2010 Saz 18 along with some 1789b Jefferson's 10yr Rye tonight...had some Bowman 10yr 136pr , VWFRR "A" bottle 2009, Jeff Rye, and Saz 18 last night. I've been on a bit of a rye run here lately. :)

A generous liquor store owner let Devilighter and myself try a bit of Pikesville from 1957... Amazing how much it tasted like LDI sourced rye

That was awesome - still smiling about it!

Polished off a sample of Rathskellar earlier, now on to some HW16. Gotta say this juice is ridiculously good, the body really got rounder with some air time.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!