What Rye Are You Drinking? Summer 2013

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Polished off a sample of Rathskellar earlier, now on to some HW16. Gotta say this juice is ridiculously good, the body really got rounder with some air time.

Both ridiculously good, the HW16's body got fuller with air, and more of a honey-caramel sweetness than the last time I visited with this bottle. I ascribe it to airtime, but could just be my palate varying. The Rath is the wrath of the math, just too good to make sense of.

Just finished off a glass of CEHT Rye. Buying freeze aside, I'm afraid this might be my last bottle. It is a decent whiskey, but just not worth the premium price - this seems to be the theme of the CEHT line.

Just opened a bottle of Baby Saz. For what it is, great stuff. Just wish it were more readily available.

Small pour of the AE rye last night. Such a fascinating whiskey, and one where a small pour goes a long way because of the intense flavor.

Finished off the last healthy pour from a 375 of HW 16, now my wife is eyeing the bottle up to use as a flower vase... Also working through a pour of WT 101 rye, the wife usually frowns upon me partaking in "her" stash, it is a really tasty pour I just don't get to drink much of it

sipping on some Leopold Brothers Maryland Style Rye tonight (thx B for the sample) - not bad but I get the grain-silo/mill-dust notes still in this young rye

sipping on some Leopold Brothers Maryland Style Rye tonight (thx B for the sample) - not bad but I get the grain-silo/mill-dust notes still in this young rye

Yes, it does have a unique quality. I like it in spite of it but would love to try the reported BIB version they are working on.

Our family drinks a lot of Manhattans and we are burning through the Willett Estate Rye at an alarming pace. I may have to buy cases of this stuff.

Its also very tasty by itself.

I nice luscious pour of VWFRR after a visit with a few members in chat,what a way to end the evening and now it's off to bed.

Broke open the Fleischmann's rye I bought last weekend and have mixed feelings about it. Nose is pretty nice, kind of mellow... lousy watery mouthfeel... not much flavor, but yet it finishes very well :confused:. I don't quite understand how this all fits together, but at $18.99 for a 1.75 I'll quit complaining

Tried some Hirsch21 from a gracious fellow SBr - delicious but I think I prefer the Hirsch22

Tried some Hirsch21 from a gracious fellow SBr - delicious but I think I prefer the Hirsch22

Sounds like a helluva guy. While the 21 is no slouch, I too prefer the Hirsch 22.

Had a Rye sampling at my local tobacconist this evening ... Whistle Pig, Smooth Ambler Rye, Rittenhouse BIB and Old Overholt (my order of like) ... whiskey, cigars and friends ... don't get any better! BTW, a Gurkha Red Witch Box Pressed went well with all!

Opened my first bottle of Templeton last night. Had a pour neet, not bad, not great, just sorta sat there. For $31.99 I just expect more.

The rest of the bottle will probably go down in Manhattan's.

Hit the rye hard last night:

Hirsch22, Michter's10, THH'12, Saz18'12

Good times hanging out with the gang on chat last night

Pouring outside for the second time today, can't do my honey-do projects:rolleyes: so I'm sitting here reading and enjoying a Templeton Old Fashion :grin:

Finishing off my 90's era Lot 40. Taste actually grew on me as time went on. Not a sense that the profile changed as much as i knew better what to expect from a CDN Rye.

Having some Hirsch 25-year-old Rye

Your user name may never be more appropriate than it is right now

I do love the woody bourbon!!!

Life is a fun journey, I got that name in high school from a football coach and it has been with me my hole life.

My first pour of HW Double Rye. Man this is better than i expected. This being a blend of old and new Rye, i may have to find some older Rye after all. That pepper kick is just awesome!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!