What Rye Are You Drinking? Summer 2013

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Take a close look at the Willett on the far right - even our bottles have bottles!

:slappin:Nice - a preggo Willett :lol:

Tried both R1 and Jefferson10 last night. Man what difference between the two. The R1 is almost bland without a lot of flavor. On the other hand the Jefferson is complex and full of flavor and does remind me of WP.

The Jeff is also less expensive so it's twice as good. The R1 not bad enough to pour down the drain but at least it's not scotch.

Some Ritt BIB earlier. Glad i stumbled upon it via SB.com, otherwise i would have never taken the chance.

How is that? I've almost ordered a few times this week.

My first impression was its pretty much the same as any of the Willett 4 or 5yr olds that everybody has. But, I tried the SA after having several other pours of bourbon.

I need to revisit with a fresh palate.

I love the Willett straight rye at 4/5 yr 110 proof, so this seemed like a no-brainer step up. But you'd hope it would at least be different, if not better.

I love the Willett straight rye at 4/5 yr 110 proof, so this seemed like a no-brainer step up. But you'd hope it would at least be different, if not better.

I've had their 7yr (and am very loyal to the 4yr Willet) and thought it had a little more flavor to it. The price was close enough to neutral that i'm happy to have both open.

May need to try the TPS 8yr next time i'm up there.

Apparently the "chill" in the freezer should be minimized to an hour or two - left my Jeff 10 Rye in there overnight, and just trying to scrape the frost off the bottle reminds me of scraping my car windows in Michigan! I'd say it is a bit more cloudy, but nothing like shredded kleenex :)

Well the 1 finally hit Lex but I won't be buying a bottle. Not after I saw Ritt prices in WV last weekend. Like $10 cheaper! Will just load up when I'm there from now on.

354, was the only bottle they had and been back twice in the last month with no re-supply :soapbox:

If you make it to the GBS Meeting in a couple weeks, I'm sure a DSP-1 will be there (in fact, I'll probably bring my DSP-1 & DSP-354 for anyone who hasn't done a SBS with them, since both of mine were opened within a week of one another).

Started the evening with some Templeton from 2011. Easy drinking to say the least. Diluted LDI to the core.

Moved on to some Baby Saz after that.

Bed shortly.

B

Sipping some Jeffy 10, and it goes so well with a cigar.

Shoot. What rye/bourbon doesn't go we'll with a cigar....?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!