Four Roses 2013 Small Batch LE

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Keep in mind that 4roses footprint in the us has widened and demand for high end offerings is up in Asia too.

Sure there is more out there overall but don't expect to see a bunch more at your local haunts. Allotments on 4roses limiteds are getting smaller not larger.

Keep in mind that 4roses footprint in the us has widened and demand for high end offerings is up in Asia too.

Sure there is more out there overall but don't expect to see a bunch more at your local haunts. Allotments on 4roses limiteds are getting smaller not larger.

Very true. Initial distribution of the 2013 SB for restaurants and retail was 1 6 pak for barrel customers. 3 bottles for everyone else. That's pappy van winkle tight. Hate this going forward.

Very true. Initial distribution of the 2013 SB for restaurants and retail was 1 6 pak for barrel customers. 3 bottles for everyone else. That's pappy van winkle tight. Hate this going forward.

I think we had 2 cases plus a bottle of the 2013 Sgl Brl(only because they mistakingly entered a bottle instead of a case the first week it was released).

Last years small batch was a single 6pk case.

And FYI, 6 bottles is less than the pvw allotment for us.

4R was kind to us with the secretariat bottles.

I signed up with my local retailer - 45th on the list and he said he wasn't getting any anyway. Drats!

Sounds like it is time to start bunkering the limited releases of Four Roses when I see them - fortunately they don't get purchased as quickly in SE Georgia as they do in Atlanta. Last year I bought a 2009 Mirage for MSRP and left one on the shelf. Later the owner of the store said he decided to keep the other bottle ha. I didn't bunker PVW back in 2006 time era and always wished that I had; won't make that mistake again.

True...but the LE offerings are exclusive to US markets, no? And twice as much is still twice as much. Might not mean that every store, bar, and restaurant gets 6 bottles when last year they got 3, but those bottles will be out there. Just more places to find it. I welcome that change, actually, so it can reduce the opportunities for hoarders/flippers to clean out entire shelves.

Last year I loved the Single Barrel LE and was not impressed with the much ballyhooed Small Batch LE. The current Single barrel LE is also leaving me unimpressed. Here's hoping for a reversal of last year's scenario.

Interesting story, but one of my favorite stores was supposed to get a case of the 2013 Single Barrel, and told me when it was coming in and said they would set a bottle aside for me. I called to check on it the day it came in, and they said that instead of the case of FR the distributor had mistakenly delivered a case of fancy mineral water. When they looked into it they told me it was very fishy. This is the kind of "fall off the truck" scenario I expect from PVW, which might be bleeding into the rest of the limited release world. I'm >this< close to switching to Squire's diet of Barton and OGD BIB.

When we were at 4R in may, they had a half pallet of limited single barrels marked for "Japan". So it is not exclusive to the US.

Interesting...

However, the press release did specify that 8000 would be released to US distribution.

I'm wondering if the Bottle XXXX/4062 written on last year's SmBLE was just for US or the whole world? Questions for Mr. Rutledge, I guess.

I suspect it is going to be incredibly difficult to procure the LESmB this year.

I suspect it is going to be incredibly difficult to procure the LESmB this year.

There should be more bottles available compared to last year (2x's more if I'm not mistaken).

Eric, when my local whiskey guy says they 'haven't even gotten the number in the system yet,' I'd assume he was referring to the sku. Typically, how long is the period between receiving the sku and getting the bottles?

There should be more bottles available compared to last year (2x's more if I'm not mistaken).

With 2-3x more trying to buy it. If BX is any indication, as soon as it hits the shelves they will immediately be cleaned out & posted at 2x retail.

With 2-3x more trying to buy it. If BX is any indication, as soon as it hits the shelves they will immediately be cleaned out & posted at 2x retail.

I vote Jim Beam white for whiskey of the year AND the top spot of any and all 2013 top 10 MUST HAVE bourbon of the year lists. Get em while you can BXers!!!!!!!!!!

Eric, when my local whiskey guy says they 'haven't even gotten the number in the system yet,' I'd assume he was referring to the sku. Typically, how long is the period between receiving the sku and getting the bottles?

Could be a week, could be months. When the sku is in the system, most will show a number of cases on order and an expected date.

Stagg Jr is in the system for KY but as of today, none had been received.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I went to the distillery on Saturday and they are taking orders for the new release. After taxes through the gift shop it was $95. They are supposed to run credit cards on September 20, which is when they expect the release in the gift shop. I had to pass because I started a new job that pays once a month (September 30... Kill me) and the wife was giving me a look that suggested she'd cut me if I signed up for one. Either way, they said you can call to reserve it, so you might want to do that if you can get someone to pick it up for you. I'd be happy to help however I can for anyone that needs it.

wow, its not out until late september?

It has been released during KBF since the Mariage days.

Wife and I went to the distillery on Saturday and they are taking orders for the new release. After taxes through the gift shop it was $95. They are supposed to run credit cards on September 20, which is when they expect the release in the gift shop. I had to pass because I started a new job that pays once a month (September 30... Kill me) and the wife was giving me a look that suggested she'd cut me if I signed up for one. Either way, they said you can call to reserve it, so you might want to do that if you can get someone to pick it up for you. I'd be happy to help however I can for anyone that needs it.

"And the phone lines go wild!"

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up. Will give this a try tomorrow when they're open. Saves the stress of at least finding 1 bottle.

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up. Will give this a try tomorrow when they're open. Saves the stress of at least finding 1 bottle.

No problem. Hopefully good karma will come my way and someone will point me in the direction of one come September 30.

Keep in mind that they can't ship it. Kentucky law forbids it.

Keep in mind that they can't ship it. Kentucky law forbids it.

Duly noted. I'm actually going to the KBF event that day, but hoping to confirm a bottle in advance.

Who Hooo!!

Huge thanks to bingstein, and if the rest of you are considering...i'd call soon. They're selling out quickly.

Limit 1, and they don't take Amex.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.