Rogue Dead Guy whiskey

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Prior thread on this whiskey is closed so I am posting a new one.

I am officially a sucker for something newly available! In addition to a cachaça I picked up yesterday I found a bottle of the Dead Guy whiskey that had been special ordered but never picked up and decided to pick it up on a whim despite the high cost and at best mixed reviews. Still appears to be "lightly" aged malt whiskey that spends a month or so in barrels on the "ocean".

post-8493-14489819486068_thumb.jpeg

Kinda funky looking with the beer bottle package and stopper which appears to be a change from the original design from a pdf in John Hansell's less than encouraging review. No idea if it is any better now.

Rogue Dead Guy Whiskey PDF

post-8493-14489819485834_thumb.jpeg

Prior thread on this whiskey is closed so I am posting a new one.

I am officially a sucker for something newly available! In addition to a cachaça I picked up yesterday I found a bottle of the Dead Guy whiskey that had been special ordered but never picked up and decided to pick it up on a whim despite the high cost and at best mixed reviews. Still appears to be "lightly" aged malt whiskey that spends a month or so in barrels on the "ocean".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16104[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16105[/ATTACH]

Kinda funky looking with the beer bottle package and stopper which appears to be a change from the original design from a pdf in John Hansell's less than encouraging review. No idea if it is any better now.

Rogue Dead Guy Whiskey PDF

This likely is the most honest post I've ever read :) Have you had a chance to try it? Whether it's good or not, it was in a way a trailblazer. Now, whiskies are made from Racer 5, Aventinus, and Old Rasputin, but Rogue was doing this many years ago.

Now, whiskies are made from Racer 5, Aventinus, and Old Rasputin, but Rogue was doing this many years ago.

Proving only that beer can be distilled, corn mash is far more economical and produces almost twice as much alcohol per gallon.

This likely is the most honest post I've ever read :) Have you had a chance to try it? Whether it's good or not, it was in a way a trailblazer. Now, whiskies are made from Racer 5, Aventinus, and Old Rasputin, but Rogue was doing this many years ago.

Not yet. Was planning to stick to beer today but since it is a "beer based" whiskey...

I hope it's better than when it first rolled out. The initial bottle that Rogue sent me a few years back was kind of awful.

I hope it's better than when it first rolled out. The initial bottle that Rogue sent me a few years back was kind of awful.

I assure you, no improvements yet.

Didn't get around to it but I am prepared for awful. That way, if it is any better than that it will become a pleasant surprise!

Didn't get around to it but I am prepared for awful. That way, if it is any better than that it will become a pleasant surprise!

Well...if it sucks you know Jimmy will want to get in on that at our next GBS meeting.

Well...if it sucks you know Jimmy will want to get in on that at our next GBS meeting.

So true! I will have to be sure to save some for just that occasion.

It will likely be tough not to drink it all myself but I am prepared to make that sacrifice for the good of the society...

+1 on being at the bottom of my list. Nice effort by some guys that make a fantastic brew, however after my original taste I think I will pass on the bottle.

Agreed

The Rogue Single Malt Whiskey was decent though.

Picked up a Rogue Dead Guy Ale to try with the whiskey (which I haven't quite got around to trying, figured it should be a "shared" experience). Plan to finally give it a go at the next convenient opportunity I have to share with friends!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.