'New' Personal Favorite Blend (vatting)

Richnimrod
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have a personal favorite vatting that my son Gary, and I had alot of fun with (Gary: don't spill the beans, please) over the last few months. :lol: Well, I've just made a new batch.

I intend to bring it to a gathering of "Michigan Bourbon Hounds" to be hosted by our esteemed friend, Josh on the 24th of this month. I'm going to see if anybody will be able to pin down the two ingredients I've used to assemble 'My Mingle'. :rolleyes:

Should be some fun, as those present try to pin it down. After the 'Bourbon Hounds' have their chance at it, I'll come back to this thread and reveal the two Bourbons I use, and in what proportions. I hope the folks have as much fun with it, as I do making & drinking it. :rolleyes:

Good stuff Rich.

Maybe you could send some of it down to the KBF for us to sample at the gazebo. :yum: That would be the true test of a good blend/vatting.

Pay no attention to your father Gary. :lol: Sure gonna miss you guys at the KBF. Gonna miss Josh too. :frown: Cheers! Joe

Yeah, I've looked at different schemes to get to KBF, but just can't make it work :( Agree that group (no slight to the Michigan folks) would be a great audience.

Good stuff Rich.

Maybe you could send some of it down to the KBF for us to sample at the gazebo. :yum: That would be the true test of a good blend/vatting.

If I could find someone with whom to send a sample I'd do so..... We'll see. I agree that would be a true test.

(No slight to whomever may show up at the Michigan Bourbon Hounds Get-together over at Josh's place.) :rolleyes:

Any volunteers to take a little taste down to the KBF??? :bigeyes:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the answer can now be revealed. The ingredients to my personal favorite 'vatting' are (drum-roll, please): :shocked:

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon (current iteration) and 'off the shelf' Four Roses Single Barrel in a 50-50 ratio.

Try it see if you agree with me; it's fabulous (IMHO).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.