Best Online Retailer to Get Fresh (not dry) Sticks?

ATXWhiskey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone have advice on the best online retailer for purchasing cigars. I bought a bunch through famous smoke a while back and they were mailed in a poorly sealed box and all of them were (to one extent or another) a little dried out. Most were still fine to smoke (but I could tell the difference) but at least a few were nearly ruined. I've noticed that the couple of times I've bought a cigar on a trip (and then not had the opportunity to smoke it) and then put it in a checked bag that it was pretty dried out by the time I got home. I'm assuming the temp/altitude does that so maybe that's the case with air shipping.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone here had any good pointers on buying cigars online. Based on my last experience I definitely wouldn't buy anything good through Famous Smoke again. If any of them take steps to humidify the packaging, I would be very interested in that.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just ordered some from Mike's Cigars. They put the little water pillows in the packaging. I always plan on getting them into the humi for some length of time anyway, but I've never had any problems with Mike's.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't say I've had those problems with FSS/Cigar Monster, but I also buy frequently from TampaHumidor.com, AtlanticCigar.com (I've got a VIP membership there), CigarsInternational.com, and a handful of other sites depending on sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Tampa Humi is here in town and has a wonderful selection in store and on line.

cigars international and their sister site, CigarBid are great. You can often pick up

5 packs and boxes for a percentage of their cost on Cigars International at CigarBid

with thoughtful bidding and patience.

• 6 months later...

For over 5 years cigarsinternational.com and cigar.com never let me down

Also cigarbid.com know in by us brothers of the leaf has the devil site lol

It is owned by cigars international and I buy 95% of my sticks from there

I have weekly shipments come in every friday..I need to stop lol, I think about

2500 sticks should do me well for the end of the world zombie take over lol

• I like it 1

• 3 years later...
On 5/22/2014 at 11:23 AM, bourboNcigars said:

For over 5 years cigarsinternational.com and cigar.com never let me down

Also cigarbid.com know in by us brothers of the leaf has the devil site lol

It is owned by cigars international and I buy 95% of my sticks from there

I have weekly shipments come in every friday..I need to stop lol, I think about

2500 sticks should do me well for the end of the world zombie take over lol

Cigarbid.com is the Devil’s site. You can easily get addicted to bidding and buying. I have found several good deals there. Cigars International is where I order the majority of my online cigars. I have been using them for years without a problem. 

Huh, I've had good luck with Famous. SeriousCigars.com ships with humidification. Holt's is good. Cigar.com is hit and miss.

Cigars international and Famous cigars have always been fine with me. Whenever I order over the internet, once they arrive, they go into the humidity for a few days to get to the level I prefer. Cbid as mentioned above is a great site when they have what you're looking for. I'm just across The Delaware River from Holt's so I can't vouch for their internet sales but both their stores are excellent.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.