A sign you've gone overboard...

Bourbon Boiler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

When you see "Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Glaze" on a menu, and your first instinct is to wonder why it didn't say "Straight" or give an age statement and question it's quality. Turns out it was pretty good.

When you do the math and realize you have about a 6 year supply of whiskey, but are still rationalizing why you have to buy more bottles of something you already have (insert ECBP here). "But dear . . . you don't understand!"

When you do the math and realize you have about a 6 year supply of whiskey, but are still rationalizing why you have to buy more bottles of something you already have ...

Guilty as charged.

When going on a buying freeze means you stay away from the liquor store for a few days, at least.

When considering the storage of your whiskey collection most options don't pass muster on account of the weight limits per shelf.

When you start designing the label for the barrel you know you will eventually buy.

On that note how about when you consider making your own barrel of bourbon.

I really shouldn't comment on this thread, since I'm sure I have NOT YET gone 'Overboard'. :rolleyes:

I still have a couple slots empty on my shelves, and will have a few more when I drain a few low-fill bottles;..... BUT, I do foresee a day fairly soon, when the several hundred bottles I now have will no longer fit on those shelves with the several dozen more I'll probably add in the next few weex. If I decide on a room addition, then maybe, I'll be closing in on 'Overboard'.

....NAAAAAAW; everybody needs a little extra room from time to time, RIGHT? :shocked:

When considering the storage of your whiskey collection most options don't pass muster on account of the weight limits per shelf.

until I read your post I forgot a couple months ago I got to searching the web and found a lot of sites that sell copper stills and all you need for start up. I have plenty of room in the basement but "the boss" had a real negative view on it when I subtely brought it up in conversation.

• 7 months later...

When you occupy your "safe room" with the bunker stash.. priorities..

Any good Bourbon sauce recipes in here?

*goes off to search*

When u leave for vacation with everything packed in ur carry on but still bring an empty suitcase.....

When you no longer worry about running out of space and start planning an addition.

When you no longer worry about running out of space and start planning an addition.
hum... now there's an idea.

When you sell off your power tools and give away your old fishing gear to free up shelf/basement/garage space for bottles.

• 1 year later...

When you start to dedicate a room in your home as a home whiskey lounge. When you ask if a guest wants a whiskey and you break down by category, scotch, bourbon, Tennessee, American, canadian, Irish, Welsh, japanese, Indian, peated or non peated, single, blended, vatted, well... you get the idea.

On 8/21/2013, 5:50:31, darylld911 said:

When you do the math and realize you have about a 6 year supply of whiskey, but are still rationalizing why you have to buy more bottles of something you already have (insert ECBP here). "But dear . . . you don't understand!"

Gary, are you really expecting us to believe you only have a 6 year supply of whiskey?  ;)   Or is that just what you're telling the better half?

12 hours ago, GAbiker said:

Gary, are you really expecting us to believe you only have a 6 year supply of whiskey?  ;)   Or is that just what you're telling the better half?

:lol:  That post was in 2013, which just shows how far I've come (or fallen?) since!  I think I've up'd my intake a bit, but right now I'd day I'm comfortably sitting on 8-9 yrs.  My better half . . . I try not to bring the topic up :)  Although whenever I come in with a bottle she asks if I recently discovered a shortage or . . . 

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2015‎ ‎1‎:‎16‎:‎44‎, R-Savage said:

When you start to dedicate a room in your home as a home whiskey lounge. When you ask if a guest wants a whiskey and you break down by category, scotch, bourbon, Tennessee, American, canadian, Irish, Welsh, japanese, Indian, peated or non peated, single, blended, vatted, well... you get the idea.

That's weird.  I didn't see YOU at my house on Christmas Eve when I started asking what people wanted.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.