A sign you've gone overboard...

Bourbon Boiler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

That's weird.  I didn't see YOU at my house on Christmas Eve when I started asking what people wanted.

Lol That would have been one hell of a walk. and one hell of a stumble home. :lol:

• 5 months later...

When the clerk at the local hardware store saves wood pallets for you and knows you by name.
When the dogs complain cause there is so little room left in the basement for them to play.
When you stop buying by the bottle and buy barrels.
When you are waiting for approval of five labels.
When you negotiate a bottling agreement with a local company for your barrels.
When you negotiate a storage agreement with a local company for your barrels

When you plot out potential liquor store visits for almost every trip you take out of town.

When your bunker has a back up bunker (or more).

When your wife/family stops buying you bottles for gifts.

When every international holiday you've taken since 2006 has been planned around destinations you know you can get bourbons that are not available in your own country.... :)

When you pull up to a store in a part of town the cops won't even go and the crackhead by the door is staring you down and you get your whiter than white ass out of the vehicle and go in anyway and proceed to buy a couple hundred dollars worth of bottles that  said crackhead sees you come out with and proceeds to jump on the hood of your truck asking for money and you throw a $5 bill out the window and speed off as quickly as possible. Where is Jeff "Mozilla?" He can vouch for the story, he was there.

• I like it 1

Definately overboard if you ever venture back to that store again without first purchasing a 40 of malt liquor for the patron outside.

• 2 years later...

So here is a strategy when your stash is too large and your wife prohibits further purchases.

I am stealing the idea from a column by Gene Hill published years ago in Sports Afield.  He had the same problem with new shotguns and came up with an elegant solution.  First, you purchase the new shotgun and give it to a trusted friend (emphasis on trusted).  A few days later, he shows up at your house and brings in your new shotgun while exclaiming that he is bringing back the gun that he “borrowed” from you.

The same strategy should work for bourbon, just make sure that when your friend bring over a new bottle that he bought to “try”, that you give him a pour as well.  

A small disclaimer - if discovered, I will deny making this post and will protest that my account was hacked.  Also, may God have mercy on your soul.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.