Flasks

AnotherCigarGuy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I use a military grade flask made from a collaboration between Oakley and the Macallan. It's the only one I found that can handle the rigors of my lifestyle.

Kidding. of course, but I did see one set for sale for $1200 in a local purveyor's jewel case.

Question to Smokinjoe:

What the hell is 'Serendipity'? Who makes it? (I looked it up on several sites and nobody has such a brand listed.)

Is it a Wheater? a Rye-Bourbon? or a Straight Rye?

:slappin:

I believe he was referring to the serendipity (a happy accident) of my creation of a delicious blend, one I unfortunately do not know how to re-create. You know, when you stumble onto some pleasant surprise, it is a serendipitous event. Although I kind of like "Serendipity" for the name of a bourbon. Better than "Forgiven" or "B&E". New, from Santana Distilleries, Serendipity. A nice nose, strong caramel mid-palate, yielding to a slight cinnamon burn. A long finish. A solid bargain at $8 a flask.

Question to Smokinjoe:

What the hell is 'Serendipity'? Who makes it? (I looked it up on several sites and nobody has such a brand listed.)

Is it a Wheater? a Rye-Bourbon? or a Straight Rye?

:slappin:

It's actually Ardbeg and Glen Moray with a story and a (current) price tag equally as stupid as the one coming out of Lawrenceburg.

http://ardbegproject.com/serendipity.shtml

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-5024.aspx

Wow, there really is such a thing???? :bigeyes: I guess, being pretty much 'Scotch-challenged' I'd never have known that.

I was kidding Joe about his post, assuming everybody would get the joke.

I actually did know the meaning of the word.

Thanx Yeti, for clueing-in the clueless (me). :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
I also have the Stanley flask & a Snowpeak Titanium flask that I often use when on the trails.
Whoa! Didn't know there was a Snowpeak Titanium flask available. I'm a backpacker and peak-bagger, both in the Catskills and Adirondacks and take a drink with each peak. I drink Old Rip Van Winkle in the Catskills and Maker's 46 for the Adirondacks (in reference to the 46 High Peaks in the area). A light weight, backpacking friendly flask would be ideal.

I like to be prepared so I got me a BIG flask.....1 gallon!

post-5814-14489819908793_thumb.jpg

Even comes with a back pack. : )

:bowdown:

I like to be prepared so I got me a BIG flask.....1 gallon!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16771[/ATTACH]

Even comes with a back pack. : )

That is one awesome mofo flask!

I am no expert. Most of my flask use is limited to cheapo plastic travels flasks as I would hate to have a nice flask confiscated at a game or concert. That being said, I do have 2 Stanley flasks that look like an old green Stanley thermos, and I love them.

I also have a Stanley flask, it's cool old school. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.