Australians Have Good Taste

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Brown-Forman revealed today that Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey has been a hit all over the world with one exception. It is bombing in Australia. Apparently, Aussies really are a superior bunch of humans. Another theory is that it doesn't mix very well with cola or dry.

Based on my personal observations at bars and in social circles, I'd estimate that at least 90% of Aussie bourbon drinkers do mix with either Coke/Cola or Dry. These honey products definately don't mix well with either, so I'm not suprised by this.

This got me thinking.... it'd be interesting to see what figures Jim Beam & Heaven Hill have for their honey products here. Wild Turkey might be the anomaly as they had a honey product on our market for years before the trend took off, and so would potentially have a decent slice of the market share by default..

From my experience, JD as its called by the typical aussie drinker, has a somehwat of a tough or rebelious image associated with it, so it does make sense that these same tough bastards are shunning the addition of honey, cos obviously honey is for kids, and they aint kids cos they stay up late and drink 'bourbon' and coke. And I know what your thinking, what about the sheilas? Well these days theyre either on the michelle bridges diet or drinking low carb chardonay.

But if JD can convince 'em honey is good for the complexion . . .

Yeah, but then you would have to pour it on your face. That would sting just a smidge I should think! Then again "tough bastards" might like that... :skep:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.