Filson Bourbon Academy

bourbonv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had a great time in Washington D.C. doing the class at Jack Rose. Thanks to those that attended. I hope you had as good of a time as I did.

Mike Veach

Nice mention of Mike Veach and the Bourbon Academy in the latest Imbibe (Jan/Feb edition) on page 41 as one of the people to watch in 2014 (as if we didn't already know that!).

So when are you bringing the class to Atlanta???

:cool:

tanstaafl2, I am working with Doc Lawrence, a local of Atlanta and a spirits writer to find a venue. I am hoping to be down there in April or so.

Mike Veach

tanstaafl2, I am working with Doc Lawrence, a local of Atlanta and a spirits writer to find a venue. I am hoping to be down there in April or so.

Mike Veach

Great! I look forward to it. Is there a link that lists your calendar of events?

I am still working on arranging Academies for next year. Right now I have one planned in Covington on January 25 at the Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar, February 2 at the Brooklyn Kitchen in Brooklyn and on March 1 at the Filson. You can go to the Filson website and look under events/Bourbon Academy to see the list as they are scheduled.

Mike Veach

• 4 months later...

Tony, I will be there on Saturday July 12 to do the class. I hope to see you there.

Mike Veach

For those interested I have Filson Bourbon Academies scheduled for Cleveland on June 8, Florence, Ky. June 21, Lexington. Ky. June 28, Ann Arbor July 12, Portland August 31, Washington D.C. September 6, Chicago September 29, Aiken S.C. October 4, Columbia S.C. October 5, Louisville October 18, New Orleans November 3, Chapel Hill November 8. I am working on going to San Francisco and New York as well. I hope that some of you can make it to a class.

Mike Veach

If you can help me find a host venue, I will be happy to come to South Florida.

Mike Veach

For those interested I have Filson Bourbon Academies scheduled for Cleveland on June 8, Florence, Ky. June 21, Lexington. Ky. June 28, Ann Arbor July 12, Portland August 31, Washington D.C. September 6, Chicago September 29, Aiken S.C. October 4, Columbia S.C. October 5, Louisville October 18, New Orleans November 3, Chapel Hill November 8. I am working on going to San Francisco and New York as well. I hope that some of you can make it to a class.

Mike Veach

i definitely plan on being at the Columbia event. It appears a new local restaurant is a sponsor as they are promoting it on their FB page.

• 2 months later...

I look forward to seeing you in Columbia. I am also doing one in aiken, South Carolina the same weekend.

Mike Veach

• 1 month later...

Just spent a wonderful day with Mike and the Bourbon Academy. If you have a chance you need to attend this.

Enoch,

Ihad a great time and it was great talking with you. Thanks for the bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel. I will crack it open on a special occassion.

Mike Veach

• 2 weeks later...

I attended a session Mike had this summer at the Winking Lizard in Bedford Heights and would highly recommend it. I picked up a copy of his book while there and would recommend it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

We have 18 people signed up for the class at the Raven's Club on November 15. I hope to see some of you there that weekend.

Mike Veach

We have 18 people signed up for the class at the Raven's Club on November 15. I hope to see some of you there that weekend.

Mike Veach

Where's the "Raven's Club"?

On Main Street in Ann Arbor.

You should go, it will be fun.

Best regards, Tony

Where's the "Raven's Club"?

I did a Google search, Ravens Club...it took .72 seconds

I also Google searched, Filson Bourbon Academy...it took .65 seconds

:grin::grin::grin:

I did a Google search, Ravens Club...it took .72 seconds

I also Google searched, Filson Bourbon Academy...it took .65 seconds

:grin::grin::grin:

You Are Soooo Clever!!!

You Are Soooo Clever!!!

Not clever, just self sufficient!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.