Stranhahan's distillery tour

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The one very tiny upside to my trip to Lake Colorado this week that is causing me to miss KBF is my plan to go to the Stranahan's distillery tour in Denver.

If anyone has been any tips are welcome.

Will likely pick up a bottle for curiosity's sake at some point as well despite it likely being young and pricey malt whiskey.

Will also likely use the time to meander through a few stores in Denver and possibly Colorado Springs if anyone has any suggestions.

The one very tiny upside to my trip to Lake Colorado this week that is causing me to miss KBF is my plan to go to the Stranahan's distillery tour in Denver.

If anyone has been any tips are welcome.

Will likely pick up a bottle for curiosity's sake at some point as well despite it likely being young and pricey malt whiskey.

Will also likely use the time to meander through a few stores in Denver and possibly Colorado Springs if anyone has any suggestions.

I actually tried a couple of different pours from them in a bar in Atl. One was much darker than the other and I really liked it, it was kind of raisiny and very different. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience

If you are in Denver you have to visit Euclid Hall, it is a restaurant that I thoroughly enjoyed and the whiskey/beer selections were outstanding when I was there

So far in Pueblo I have seen pre-Proximo Stranhan's dated in 2009 and post product from 2011. Tempted to get one of each for comparison!

Prices also seem to be all over the map ranging from about $46 to $55.

Off to Denver tomorrow for the day. Euclid Hall sounds interesting but may have to leave it for a future trip.

I have toured it. They take a finished beer hops and all, brewed on site, and distill it damn near clean. The whiskey is interested and to each his own, but I would change several things if I were in charge.

I have toured it. They take a finished beer hops and all, brewed on site, and distill it damn near clean. The whiskey is interested and to each his own, but I would change several things if I were in charge.

Saturday probably isn't a great day to tour. The guide was a delightful young lady but she was relatively new and didn't vary much beyond the script. Still it was interesting to see.

I also checked out 5 large stores in the Denver area (Davidson's, Argonauts, Applejack, Total Beverage and DaveCo). Some had a decent variety of scotch (Davidson's and Argonauts in particular) but the bourbon/rye options were pretty typical. only thing of note was a fair number of Jeff 21 bottles that seem to be languishing on the shelves.

DaveCo advertises itself as the largest liquor store and it might be in square feet. But at least a quarter of it seemed very under utilized!

On a side note, is there any major street in Denver that is not currently under construction??? Apparently there were one or more games in town as well as traffic was pretty bad in places.

Saturday probably isn't a great day to tour. The guide was a delightful young lady but she was relatively new and didn't vary much beyond the script. Still it was interesting to see.

I also checked out 5 large stores in the Denver area (Davidson's, Argonauts, Applejack, Total Beverage and DaveCo). Some had a decent variety of scotch (Davidson's and Argonauts in particular) but the bourbon/rye options were pretty typical. only thing of note was a fair number of Jeff 21 bottles that seem to be languishing on the shelves.

DaveCo advertises itself as the largest liquor store and it might be in square feet. But at least a quarter of it seemed very under utilized!

On a side note, is there any major street in Denver that is not currently under construction??? Apparently there were one or more games in town as well as traffic was pretty bad in places.

Tipsy's on the west side is another good place to visit, especially for beer… largest walk-in cooler I've ever seen and full of bombers from various breweries. The selection of whiskey is decent, but not as good as Argonaut.

Tipsy's on the west side is another good place to visit, especially for beer… largest walk-in cooler I've ever seen and full of bombers from various breweries. The selection of whiskey is decent, but not as good as Argonaut.

Passed by it on my way from Applejack to Davidson's via 470 but was running a bit lateat point so I decided to pass it by.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.