What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ringing in the fall by polishing off a Weller 12, first in a Lion's Tail cocktail, and now neat. Feeling pretty good sipping this by the fire.

Tasted my new Stagg, Jr.; but, can't say much about it.

My current head cold is beating my taste buddies up pretty bad, and my smeller is knocked cold, too. :smiley_acbt:

Oh well, I'll revisit it in a few days or a week.

starting Fall 2013 off with some Willett 8 yr old

my new barrel in the background for aging some cocktails this fall

IMG_20130922_211303_638_zpse7f509c8.jpg

starting Fall 2013 off with some Willett 8 yr old

my new barrel in the background for aging some cocktails this fall

IMG_20130922_211303_638_zpse7f509c8.jpg

Tasted my new Stagg, Jr.; but, can't say much about it.

My current head cold is beating my taste buddies up pretty bad, and my smeller is knocked cold, too. :smiley_acbt:

Oh well, I'll revisit it in a few days or a week.

I had a major head cold last week; threw some George T. at it and let them duke it out. The cold still won, but I'll be damned if it was the same afterward!

Started off with a pour of WTRR single barrel just for the same of draining the bottle. Now I'm going with some OGD 114 to complement the La Aroma de Cuba EE I'm smoking.

Had a pour of JPS18 batch16 to start out but I think the spicy food at dinner messed my taste buds up. So, i'm drinking a couple of OGDBiB with ice to finish the night out:)

I had a major head cold last week; threw some George T. at it and let them duke it out. The cold still won, but I'll be damned if it was the same afterward!

Throwing top-shelf (expensive) whisky at a cold seems like a waste to me. Colds mean I can't really taste anything, therefore, those are times to use up stuff that is merely an alcohol delivery device that I can't bear to drink otherwise. GTS would be the last thing I would use for that purpose.

Killed off the last pour of a bottle of Macallan 12, yeah I know its Scotch, but I then followed it up with a nice pour of Russel's reserve. the contrast was exquisite.

with the arrival of fall and fresh apple cider, im gonna see what it is like mixing some warm thick cinnamony KC120 into some warm apple cider. i cant imagine it being bad, but we will see

with the arrival of fall and fresh apple cider, im gonna see what it is like mixing some warm thick cinnamony KC120 into some warm apple cider. i cant imagine it being bad, but we will see

I'm sure it'll be tasty, hot cider and blended scotch has good interplay as well, if you don't want to use up all your KC120, but then again you're sitting on a bunch for cheap. :)

Why would you ruin apple cider like that? ;-). That actually sounds good though. Think I may try that with some Ritt BiB.

Some SB Blend and The Fox on a beautiful Fall-like evening in Chicago.

Congrats on still having some Fox. You gotta miss it when it's gone.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!