What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

with the arrival of fall and fresh apple cider, im gonna see what it is like mixing some warm thick cinnamony KC120 into some warm apple cider. i cant imagine it being bad, but we will see

eh, not bad, not great. kinda hard to beat a plain old warm apple cider with cinnamon added.

eh, not bad, not great. kinda hard to beat a plain old warm apple cider with cinnamon added.

Perfect season for it (and hope you didn't waste too much of that KCSB on mixing);)...

In Europe and was able to track down some Blanton's Straight From The Barrel. This is what Stagg Jr. should be. It reminds me of a cross between GTS and a really good ETL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

AAA 10 year old with just a small splash of Col. Lee to bring down the barrel influence a bit. Produced a nice fresh cherry note in the mid-palate.

In Europe and was able to track down some Blanton's Straight From The Barrel. This is what Stagg Jr. should be. It reminds me of a cross between GTS and a really good ETL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Yup, from all the reviews, Blanton's Straight From The Barrel is very good so good to hear from you on it as well.

I bought four bottles before as well but fell through and couldn't get it back to USA.

WFE 8 year Lion's Share Vol. 1. Bought a few of these earlier this year but didn't bother to crack one until the gazebo this past weekend. Pretty impressive, I should have picked up more. The burden of having too many open bottles, I guess.

WFE 8 year Lion's Share Vol. 1. Bought a few of these earlier this year but didn't bother to crack one until the gazebo this past weekend. Pretty impressive, I should have picked up more. The burden of having too many open bottles, I guess.

What barrel is that 8yr?

I did an Old Fashioned with KC Single Barrel last night. Local store had it for $19.99 a bottle. It's not my favorite bourbon, but the high proof makes it strong with the ice in the Old Fashioned and a winner at that price for sure.

Having some FRSmB LE 2013. I let this sit in the glass for about an hour before tasting. All I can say is "WOW", what a great bourbon! I can really taste the 18yr OBSV and then some spice from the OBSK. Pretty much no burn at all, with a very long finish. It's hard for me to pick the 2013 over the 2012, all I can say is the winner is whoever is drinking either of these great whiskies :grin:.

OFBB 2013- Geeze why did the nose have to be such a tease! But overall, very solid, unique pour. Worth the relatively small price of admission for this 12 year.

As it seemingly always does, the standard Buffalo Trace is rockin' my world, tonight.

^I love even regular ole store-bought BT but I've been real impressed with some store selections.

Last night I tried our liquor store's newest pick and did a blind tasting of it with the EH Taylor Small batch proofed down. The BT was so much better. More depth, more spice.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!