What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A buddy of mine was working in the southern part of the state yesterday and ventured in TN. Brought back some great stuff for me:

OWA 107 Single Barrel Store Selection

EC12 Store Selection

4R Barrel Proof Private Selection

Weller 12

Needless to say I was pretty excited about all of these, being in a control state.

Another big day, problem is have bought everything on my "to buy" list!

1 Stagg Jr. took a sip from one i bought yesterday and grabbed another today

1 Kentucky Spirit dusty, bottled in '01

2 Charter 101, also dusty

1 Weller Special reserve with 7 year age statement

1 gift pack of old forester 75th anniversary with 375ml

All in all it was a hot (stagg jr) and dusty day!

Well I managed to unload the haul from the KBF without getting divorced. Step 1. So here's what happened:

FRSmBLE13 - More than a few

FR 40th

FR OESV GS

FR OBSF PS x2

FR OESF PS

Booker's - 7 year 2 months and 7 year 5 months

OFBB13

PHC4

Old Fitz DSP-16

WFE 11 Year

WTR101 x2

EWSB13

Powers John's Lane 12 Year

OWA 7 Year 375ml

Beam 175 month 1973 decanter

And a ****load of beer. The amount of beer that makes your wife say "we need to get a beer fridge".

Thanks to the wonderful retailers in KY and the excellent friends I've made here on the board for making this haul a reality.

Picked up some:

OFBB13 42$

JPS18 Batch#6 88$, was suprised to see it! Left one on the shelf as well!

Was trying to hold out for some BTAC but have heard a lot of good things on the OFBB and love the JPS18.

Noah's Mill......yea I know, NAS mystery juice. But this one I have been drawn to for some time and it is rumored to be a four grain. I found a dusty bottle that appears to have been produced in '11. Anyone know when the age statement dropped? The rest on the shelf had batch #'s beginning w 12.

Well I managed to unload the haul from the KBF without getting divorced. Step 1. So here's what happened:

FRSmBLE13 - More than a few

FR 40th

FR OESV GS

FR OBSF PS x2

FR OESF PS

Booker's - 7 year 2 months and 7 year 5 months

OFBB13

PHC4

Old Fitz DSP-16

WFE 11 Year

WTR101 x2

EWSB13

Powers John's Lane 12 Year

OWA 7 Year 375ml

Beam 175 month 1973 decanter

And a ****load of beer. The amount of beer that makes your wife say "we need to get a beer fridge".

Thanks to the wonderful retailers in KY and the excellent friends I've made here on the board for making this haul a reality.

A PHC 4 in the wild? That's impressive. Great find!

Enjoy!

Wil

Another bottle of 4R SmBLE 2013 (125th anniv.) from Eric at P & M Liquors (amazingly he received 2 additional cases this week).

Very Special Old Fitzgerald. Good wheated bourbon I dont see on the shelves much.

Love VSOF. It also works very well with OWA in the SB Blend.

Replaced my 'Rare Breed' which is down to the last few pours.

Not one of my very favorite pours, but one I do go to once in a while. It isn't a bad bargain, though not a fab one either. I want to do a side-by-side with this against Old Grand Dad 114. I think that will be interesting. ... One of these days...

Got a bottle of ECBP batch 2 for $44. I thought this stuff would never reach Texas! Going to do a side-by-side next week with Bambi.

I picked up an Isaiah Morgan Small Batch to put in the bunker. It's distilled at a winery here in WV, aged a very respectable 9 years and bottled at 90 proof. It's expensive, but I decided to make it my "bottle I'm knowingly overpaying for" of the season instead of PHC7. They had it available for tasting at a cigar and bourbon event on Thursday night and I found it to be very delicate and unique. It wasn't popular but I think that's partly personal preferences, but also a lot of guys drinking it on ice while smoking cigars. It's not the type of whiskey that will stand up to that abuse. I gladly drank my share of bottle while they moved on to Old Scout and Russel's 10.

I picked up an Isaiah Morgan Small Batch to put in the bunker. It's distilled at a winery here in WV, aged a very respectable 9 years and bottled at 90 proof. It's expensive, but I decided to make it my "bottle I'm knowingly overpaying for" of the season instead of PHC7. They had it available for tasting at a cigar and bourbon event on Thursday night and I found it to be very delicate and unique. It wasn't popular but I think that's partly personal preferences, but also a lot of guys drinking it on ice while smoking cigars. It's not the type of whiskey that will stand up to that abuse. I gladly drank my share of bottle while they moved on to Old Scout and Russel's 10.

When even Google barely knows anything about a brand.....that's a small brand. Is it a bourbon, rye, etc?

Picked up a bottle of 2013 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon for $43. I can certainly handle that price instead of the $63 I've seen it for in the past. Incredible nose on this bourbon...may have to go back and pick up the other two bottles.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!