What rye are you drinking Fall 2013/Winter 2014

michaelturtle1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well played sir!!

What he said! Took me a couple minutes to find my eyeballs and put em back in my head. Nothing like sharing the best with your brother! Good on ya.

It was spicy as expected but also very sweet - had a little bit of "grain silo" on the palate that I didn't really like but otherwise, it's related to the wonderful Willett24/55% I had IMO.

Very much enjoyed this pour and it was made better due to the company & having a reason to pop the bottle.

I plan on revisiting this and wrapping my palate around it some more :-)

My little brother is in town and apparently has developed a fondness for gracefully aged ryes so we decided to crack this tonight:

10015444076_7200e6c350_z.jpg

Rathskeller!

That is awesome! Cheers!! You bastard (LOL)!!!

I love it and can't get enough of it

24 yr willett 110 proof

I may join you in a bit with a pour of my own

Oh what the hell I hate you too.

Okay. Strongly dislike.

Eh, love ya. Have your beer out soon.

I hate you both.

:P

It's tasty... you should try some! In fact, it's as good tonight as it's ever been ;-)

Been drinking Baby Saz, Jeff 10 UCF, and ETL tonight. Binny's recently have gotten shipments of Baby Saz, so I've picked up one for me and one for a friend. Now I don't feel bad going to town on my bottle that's been open forever.

Whoops. Sorry, mods. Forum wasn't showing the other Fall thread for some reason. I knew something was off. Please merge.

Jumping on the same boat, couldn't help it.

Drinking my Willett 25 year 94 proof. Yummy!!

Had the opportunity to sample Lock Stock and Barrel 2 days in a row and can honestly say I am not a fan. It starts of very light on the palate and has a very light rye spice, the finish is fairly long but it is so drying can not say I have had a dryer finishing rye.. It is odd as I love the Alberta Jefferson and Whistle Pig but this totally did not agree with me...

So to make up for it I shared a sample of the 24 yr willett with my whiskey guy... needless to say all smiles after that.

Took a chance and cracked this open tonight:

1977 Old Overholt PA Rye - 43%

I've been interested to try this. How is it?

I've been interested to try this. How is it?

Different than the other Ryes I have open... smoooooooof

Molasses, licorice, maple syrup, not very spicy - you get some rye flavor though - the finish goes on long...

Edit: More like Sarsaparilla than licorice... reminds me of:

7960985572_bbe0e73ccb.jpg

Hey Song Sarsaparilla (Taiwan - but much smoother / without the bite)

Photo Credit: www.flickr.com/xuessium

Edited by ChainWhip

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!