What rye are you drinking Fall 2013/Winter 2014

michaelturtle1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Gary does your bottle have an age statement and is it 100 proof non chill filtered?

100 proof NCF, but no age statement (well, technically it says "Aged Over 2 years", but since it was labeled "straight" - I knew that already :lol:) I had fairly low expectations based on reading some other posts, but was impressed. Looking forward to a blind SBS against some Jeff 10 rye.

On a related rye note, finished up with some 2011 THH. Damn fine whiskey :yum:

I was under the impression Pepper Rye was barely a straight at two years old but it's gathering some favorable responses.

I was under the impression Pepper Rye was barely a straight at two years old but it's gathering some favorable responses.

It might be. And it might be a strange day. I look forward to repeating this test as well as bringing some others in. But at least today, I'd pick it over Ritt BIB (DSP-1), which is fair praise IMO.

With that pour it may have polished you off as well.

Nope. Still standing. No way was that bottle gonna beat me. ;-). Just glad it's gone

Some VWFRR will be in the lineup tonight as well. My first taste of this the other night surprised me. It was more bourbony than expected. More research is needed...

I would like to be sipping on some Rittenhouse right now, but it's Sunday and the liquor store is closed :(

I would like to be sipping on some Rittenhouse right now, but it's Sunday and the liquor store is closed :(

I'm glad i'm not the only one to have to suffer with such antiquated rules....

Having some Wiser's Legacy to pass the afternoon.

B

Winston there are ways around that, rumor is you have a key to a place.

Edited by squire

Rye is so 2013. Hipsters rage on the "Old" hooch now.

Perfect, more for me; with the added bonus I am not a hipster! I am glad they are chasing Pappy and S/W dusties while passing up stuff like this:

photo_zpsfa617117.jpg

That's just sick LB. Nice picture.

Thanks! I got lucky and started hunting rye before it got super popular in the last year. Luckily, I was able to snag a bottle or two of decent aged stuff for the bunker, which is a good thing as I have been rumored to drink the stuff!

Edited by LostBottle

Little HW Double Rye, which I'm still undecided on. Very different from the other rye in the cabinet, which makes it interesting at least.

This pour is in honor of AaronWF & smknjoe for encouraging me to come back to the shores of the US of A:

10957567954_973c52ac5f_z.jpg

Sorta keeping in the "dead distillery" theme :)

Edited by ChainWhip

Attaboy Johnny. That is some DARK and rich looking stuff. I bet it's good. As for your revived love affair...we all need a little strange every once in a while.

Attaboy Johnny. That is some DARK and rich looking stuff. I bet it's good. As for your revived love affair...we all need a little strange every once in a while.

Holy cow this is good stuff... It's like my Hirsch22 on steroids! Pecans, sarsaparilla, toffee, fruits, black tea, etc., etc., the hits keep on coming...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!