What rye are you drinking Fall 2013/Winter 2014

michaelturtle1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

AE rye.

It's dessert-y goodness went quite well with the tunnel of fudge cake the misses made yesterday.

Good rye and great cake!

B

Enjoyed a nice bourbon tasting today followed by some nice pours of Willett WFE 8-Yr bourbon and a little FR SmB. Ending the night with a small taste of Willett WFE 4-Yr rye. Nice spicy flavor with a mild grassy taste. Really nice rye. I would encourage anyone who has not tried it to give it a go. It is an LDI rye but the proof (110) adds to the flavor and experience.

Enjoyed a nice bourbon tasting today followed by some nice pours of Willett WFE 8-Yr bourbon and a little FR SmB. Ending the night with a small taste of Willett WFE 4-Yr rye. Nice spicy flavor with a mild grassy taste. Really nice rye. I would encourage anyone who has not tried it to give it a go. It is an LDI rye but the proof (110) adds to the flavor and experience.

Finished off a bottle of Saz 18 with the family over Christmas, and put a pretty decent dent in a bottle of Baby Saz. The Baby Saz is still one of my favorites but it seems a bit younger than it used to be, with heavier grainy notes. May have to try a SBS with an older bottle from the bunker.

Yay! The Alabama ABC stores are now carrying all the ingredients for the Sazerac Cocktail. It may just be a Christmas promotion, though. Yesterday, I bought bottles of Sazerac Rye, Herbsaint liqueur, and Peychaud's bitters. I had a Sazerac Cocktail (without the sugar) last evening. Yum!

Tim

I stopped at an extremely well stocked whiskey bar last night before meeting my brother and some friends for a late dinner. After looking over the whiskey menu, I was starting to think that I was going to leave without getting anything. The price had gone up significantly since I had been there last year. (PVW20 had gone from $23 to $60, BTAC had gone from $17 to $40). Anyway, I flipped to the rye section and when I spotted Hirsch 21 rye for $17, I knew I had a winner. I followed that with a taste of Ritt 23. It was my first time to taste either. Both were outstanding pours.

Yay! The Alabama ABC stores are now carrying all the ingredients for the Sazerac Cocktail. It may just be a Christmas promotion, though. Yesterday, I bought bottles of Sazerac Rye, Herbsaint liqueur, and Peychaud's bitters. I had a Sazerac Cocktail (without the sugar) last evening. Yum!

Tim

Hey Tim, those were the very ingredients that started me on my whiskey journey. The Herbsaint rinse really makes that drink. I go without sugar, or if I'm feeling particularly lazy I use a 1/4 tsp of agave syrup ... I might have to make myself one to remind me of my "roots" and kick off the weekend properly - cheers! :grin:

Lil pour of Lot 40 original to start the night. I appreciate it more each time I have it. Solid.

well i am drinking on the dusty bottles of wild turkey 101 proof i found,very good stuff really hate the 81 proof

Going back and forth between WFE 4 yr and WTRRR 6yr. More exploration needed....

I have never had the WTRRR but WFE 4 yr is a favorite. Just difficult to find any more. My rye tonight will be in bourbon.

well i am drinking on the dusty bottles of wild turkey 101 proof i found,very good stuff really hate the 81 proof

Much like WFE 4 yr, WTR101 is another favorite, along with Jeff10 Canadian. Glad to have you on the forum!

Much like WFE 4 yr, WTR101 is another favorite, along with Jeff10 Canadian. Glad to have you on the forum!

I SAW A bottle of the WFE 4ye rye today was $45 is that a good price,i never had this before is it pretty good for a 4yr or just good

I SAW A bottle of the WFE 4ye rye today was $45 is that a good price,i never had this before is it pretty good for a 4yr or just good

It is excellent for a 4 yr! However, $45 is pretty steep. I paid $31.99 last week. Are you shopping in Champaign?

i may call them tomorrow,was thinking of driving to the bloomington store,have not been there in 1 1/2 month and they have a great bourbon selection

Got a bottle of Knob Creek rye for Christmas. I am a huge fan of Wild Turkey Rye(back when it was 101 proof), Bulleit Rye, and Rittenhouse BiB. Not a big fan of the Knob Creek Rye...it just tastes off. Perhaps its my bottle, but as an 100 proof whiskey, it tastes hotter than most that I have had in the 100-120+ range.

Hirsch 22 rye - letting this sit for a bit and boy does this really bloom into something wonderful... gotta get past that church pew thing first though ;)

Got a bottle of Knob Creek rye for Christmas. I am a huge fan of Wild Turkey Rye(back when it was 101 proof), Bulleit Rye, and Rittenhouse BiB. Not a big fan of the Knob Creek Rye...it just tastes off. Perhaps its my bottle, but as an 100 proof whiskey, it tastes hotter than most that I have had in the 100-120+ range.

found 3 101 proof wild turkey on saturday sweet

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!