What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sale. You should go check your LBarns should be the same.

Must be store specific (they had some HW on sale, not others), but i did grab a Double Rye for $28. Thanks for the heads up!

Picked up some HW Rendezvous today for $26.99 a pop woohoo!

:bowdown:

Picked one up today on sale for $71 :cry:

(It was originally listed for $95 :bigeyes:

:bowdown:

Picked one up today on sale for $71 :cry:

(It was originally listed for $95 :bigeyes:

Gotta love the LCBO!

Gotta love the LCBO!

yup, unfortunately I have no choice.:hot:

- I don't travel much outside Ontario

- can't find American retailer that will ship (understandable since its illegal to receive it here)

yup, unfortunately I have no choice.:hot:

- I don't travel much outside Ontario

- can't find American retailer that will ship (understandable since its illegal to receive it here)

TPS is just outside Cincy....3-4 hours depending on where you live. Totally worth the drive! Just bring some friends so they each declare some of your purchases.

TPS is just outside Cincy....3-4 hours depending on where you live. Totally worth the drive! Just bring some friends so they each declare some of your purchases.

Wait, just saw you're in Markham...7.5 hours. Ok, a but much even in my mind. LCBO it is!

HW Double Rye!

Eh, not thrilled with it neat... prefer Bulleit or Redemption rye.

Trying it in some cocktails... Manhattan, eh. Sazerac, a bit better.

Well, I'll let it open up and go back to it in a few weeks.

Checked the pic I snapped in LBarn and that WAS for the 375 suckers just had it mislabeled. Checked another and sadly they've rectified the situation. Ha, ran into another SBer there looking for said deal too!

Must be store specific (they had some HW on sale, not others), but i did grab a Double Rye for $28. Thanks for the heads up!

Wow, HW Rendezvous and Double Rye both for less than $30!

HW Double Rye!

Eh, not thrilled with it neat... prefer Bulleit or Redemption rye.

Trying it in some cocktails... Manhattan, eh. Sazerac, a bit better.

Well, I'll let it open up and go back to it in a few weeks.

I made some more cocktails with it today (Quebecois and Vieux Carre). It might be my cocktail rye for the foreseeable future. Oh, I paid $34.

A Hirsch 21yo Rye appeared out of nowhere at one of my local stores but for reasons beyond my comprehension they wanted $200 for it which was the same price as the Hirsch 25 rye that was sitting right next to it. So I decided to pass.

They also had a half dozen Jeff 21 bourbon bottles on the shelf at $200. Not surprised those are sitting there either.

Grabbed a mispriced Angel's Envy. This store is usually $10-$15 over BevMo on everything, so when I saw it labeled for $54.99 I knew they had made a mistake. The AE bourbon was also priced $54.99

Was cruising around in search of FRSmB13 and chanced upon some Baby Saz. Haven't seen it around in ages and it bore the familiar $29.99 tag to boot. I grabbed one, which means I can actually drink the one I've been nursing for years.

Picked up a Baby Saz this week. Lots of this back on the shelf now. At one Binnys in the area $30 Baby Saz were being kept in the locked high end spirits room with a limit of one per customer. When will the madness end?

After whoring myself out for the new Masterson's Barley and Wheat whiskey I was meandering through a store today when I spotted a lone Masterson's Rye on the shelf. Turned out to be the generally well regarded Batch 3 (after I took the box apart to check! Damn thing is sealed so I had to take the bottom apart).

Decided I had to get the family back together. Time for a (preferably blind) taste off with Jeff, WP and the LS&B!

After whoring myself out for the new Masterson's Barley and Wheat whiskey I was meandering through a store today when I spotted a lone Masterson's Rye on the shelf. Turned out to be the generally well regarded Batch 3 (after I took the box apart to check! Damn thing is sealed so I had to take the bottom apart).

Decided I had to get the family back together. Time for a (preferably blind) taste off with Jeff, WP and the LS&B!

So is the Masterson's any good? I've seen it but have been hesitant to buy.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!