What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So is the Masterson's any good? I've seen it but have been hesitant to buy.

Tried it again this weekend at the GBS gathering and enjoyed it as best I can recall but need to spend a bit more "quality" time with it. I suspect it is good but don't if it is worth WP cost. Some seem to like it better, some less. I got this bottle for a bit less than WP so we shall compare and see.

Time for a (preferably blind) taste off with Jeff, WP and the LS&B!

Very interested to hear how the LS&B hangs with these two in a blind test.

Had some curiosities come in today:

10173783233_f2360dcc0a_z.jpg

10173546724_d3c0c74206_z.jpg

Very Olde St. Nick 18yr & NAS Ryes - looks like the 18yr has been signed. In any event, I plan on cracking these suckers open tonight.

Neat stuff Johnny. Is it for the Japanese market?

Correctomundo! I've heard good and bad things about VOSN Ryes so I wanted to try for myself... Besides, it might make for good sample trade bait ;-)

Johnny,

Those are super cool bottles! I am curious, those neck tags remind me of the Vintage Rye bottles. Is there a family connection?

Note to self: next time I'm in the PAC NW schedule a visit to Casa Chainwhip.

Sounds like a road trip, shotgun!

Johnny,

Those are super cool bottles! I am curious, those neck tags remind me of the Vintage Rye bottles. Is there a family connection?

It's pretty clear there is - just look at the signature.

It's pretty clear there is - just look at the signature.

Now I can make it out, looks like Evan's signed it. It was hard to see on my iPad, but now that you point it out, it's easy to see. Hopefully we will get some tasting notes!

Johnny, heard you might have a "Barrel_Proof" visitor. Should be fun. I actually have relatives in Seattle and plan on heading that way next summer. If so I will look you up. Dan you are welcome to shotgun on the plane. Just clear that w TSA :grin:

Yep! I guess he told you @ the Indy get together? I'm looking forward to it for sure - PM the details when your plans to come up are finalized.

I want a slice of this pie damnit!

If we all meet up in Indianapolis and shift drive, we would be there in a day and half. I'm good for at least 8 hours at a stretch.

If we all meet up in Indianapolis and shift drive, we would be there in a day and half. I'm good for at least 8 hours at a stretch.

You guys really should stop teasing me with all of these ideas, it just gets my imagination going on really making it happen :grin:. It does sound great though....

Getting there ain't the problem! Now, getting back could be a concern. Or even wanting to come back...

Getting there ain't the problem! Now, getting back could be a concern. Or even wanting to come back...

It has since occurred to me that after we saw the first liquor store next to our gas station stop, it would take us weeks to get there, if we ever arrived at all.

It's the journey, not the destination.

In the case of Johnny's rye and single malt bunker the destination has a certain appeal as well!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!