What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

KC Rye.

Expensive ($55) but I'm game to try any good whisky under $100 (equivalent to ~$60 in most parts of USA)

Now, if only I could find a bottle of Saz 18!

Found a straggler tonight. Poor Mr Handy, always left behind. No respect.

[ATTACH]16770[/ATTACH]

Was he still lurking around in CA? 2012?

If the choice is that vs Saz 18 or WLW at the same price, not a tough decision. But when you compare it to other $70-80 ryes (cough, whistle pig, cough), it's a very strong contender IMHO.

Was he still lurking around in CA? 2012?

If the choice is that vs Saz 18 or WLW at the same price, not a tough decision. But when you compare it to other $70-80 ryes (cough, whistle pig, cough), it's a very strong contender IMHO.

2013. The store only received 2 Staggs, 1 WLW and one THH. I grabbed a Stagg and WLW last week so I was surprised to see this one still sitting there.

ha9u2eju.jpg

Somehow stumbled on 2! Saz18s and grabbed a Jefferson 10yr on top for good measure.

Never hurts to ask if something's in, some days you just get lucky.

Yeah my guy got me for 32, but considering he sold me a case of WLW 2 weeks ago I gave him a pass. 2 bucks seemed cheap for the BTAC hook up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah my guy got me for 32, but considering he sold me a case of WLW 2 weeks ago I gave him a pass. 2 bucks seemed cheap for the BTAC hook up.

Nothing special. I was traveling today and found a bottle of WT Rye 101. I just popped it open. Wow! It is in your face. I tried it neat first and it was spicy hot! Very spicy but sharp. It has a lonnggg finish. I then mixed 1:1 with WT01. I like the flavor.

Nothing special. I was traveling today and found a bottle of WT Rye 101. I just popped it open. Wow! It is in your face. I tried it neat first and it was spicy hot! Very spicy but sharp. It has a lonnggg finish. I then mixed 1:1 with WT01. I like the flavor.

Hey, good stuff there. I'm starting to run really low, maybe two bottles. Hard to find these days but not something I regret drinking over a weekend.

Hey, good stuff there. I'm starting to run really low, maybe two bottles. Hard to find these days but not something I regret drinking over a weekend.

Yeah, it was the last bottle they had. The guy didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked if it the 81 or 101. My lips are still tingling from the first pour.

Coming up empty on my continued pursuit of Saz 18 I did pick up my first bottles of JP Wiser and Redemption. With a RITTBIB back up of course.

Name was pulled for a local lottery today. Had the choice of the VW 15, 20, 23 VWFRR. I selected the VWFRR. The only one really worth all the hype if you ask me.

Name was pulled for a local lottery today. Had the choice of the VW 15, 20, 23 VWFRR. I selected the VWFRR. The only one really worth all the hype if you ask me.

Michter's 10yo rye barrel number 8E-1.

Nice pickup. That should be an older bottling, whatever that means. I've got an 8H or 8E open at home I'll check later, but I like it a lot.

Michter's 10yo rye barrel number 8E-1.
Nice pickup. That should be an older bottling, whatever that means. I've got an 8H or 8E open at home I'll check later, but I like it a lot.

What HombreWry said... That guy is RYEte!

Wiser's Legacy.

My favorite Canadian rye, just don't dig the Masterson's/Jeff's rye like most. Something missing.

B

I'd choose that VWFRR every time. One bottle that has still eluded me (as has that Michter's 10). I'm ready though if my name ever gets pulled for a raffle. Same with BTAC for me, it's Saz 18 every time.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!