What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'd choose that VWFRR every time. One bottle that has still eluded me (as has that Michter's 10). I'm ready though if my name ever gets pulled for a raffle. Same with BTAC for me, it's Saz 18 every time.

Who are you? Were we separated at birth? =]b

You guys and your Saz18 scores. I have had bad luck in 2013, I may have to break down and open one of these. I hear the pre-tanked stuff is pretty good.

photo_zps071f256d.jpg

Edited by LostBottle

You guys and your Saz18 scores. I have had bad luck in 2013, I may have to break down and open one of these. I hear the pre-tanked stuff is pretty good.

It's so wrong to tease. Hahaha.

Thanks for sharing the nice looking bottles.

Cheers

Who are you? Were we separated at birth? =]b

haha, we just might have been. either way, we should definitely be drinking together.

photo_zps071f256d.jpg

seriously! awesome set. but everyone knows three's a crowd...

thanks for the blast from the past WA blog too, always fun.

photo_zps071f256d.jpg

+1 for me as well. Happy to get one this year, it is the least allocated of all the bottles that I have seen.

Well done fellas. Jealous but happy they are in the hands of folks who will enjoy them.

Today while on the hunt I found a bottle of baby Saz and, finally, Angels Envy Rye. I plan to open it tomorrow for a tasting with a friend.

Picked up a bottle of McKenzie Rye to help fill out an order from Astor Wines. Really wanted to add some other McKenzie products, especially the Pot Still whiskey, but that was all they had available. Looks like I may have to cobble together an order from Drink Up NY as they have the Pot Still whiskey and bourbon.

post-8493-14489819938132_thumb.jpg

Batch was 13/2013. Lots of rye bread on the nose but the taste is much more subtle and not as young as the nose seemed to suggest. The local sherry finish probably helps to smooth the edges a bit. Shared it with several friends who also liked it.

post-8493-14489819937914_thumb.jpg

A bottle of CEHT rye because it looked lonely sitting on the shelf by itself and I needed one for the bunker.

Jeff10. Canada on the side sticker and NCF sticker on the front. Had one in the bunker but this was the first NCF I have seen so couldn't pass. Unfortunately they only had the one.

By some odd miracle or some mistake Lot 40 made it's way into a Total Wine in Delaware. Needless to say a bottle made the ride home with me tonight.

By some odd miracle or some mistake Lot 40 made it's way into a Total Wine in Delaware. Needless to say a bottle made the ride home with me tonight.

Very cool! That bottle didn't really speak to me until I had the privilege of trying some OO from the '70s... After that, something about the Lot No. 40 clicked for me.

Very cool! That bottle didn't really speak to me until I had the privilege of trying some OO from the '70s... After that, something about the Lot No. 40 clicked for me.

Actually more excited by this than finding Can Winkle on the shelf.. I don't usually go to Total Wine but judging by the amount of dust on the bottles, they have been there for a while. Same goes for the Pike Creek from the same release.

Actually more excited by this than finding Can Winkle on the shelf.. I don't usually go to Total Wine but judging by the amount of dust on the bottles, they have been there for a while. Same goes for the Pike Creek from the same release.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!