What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally stopped into a store I've been meaning to hit, and found a Hirsch 22 rye. Pretty excited to try this one. It seems to have some fans around here.

Finally stopped into a store I've been meaning to hit, and found a Hirsch 22 rye. Pretty excited to try this one. It seems to have some fans around here.

Picked up a High West Rendezvous today to bring to thanksgiving dinner. My first foray into HW products and am looking forward to sipping and making a few manhattans with it during the turkey day festivities.

Picked up a High West Rendezvous today to bring to thanksgiving dinner. My first foray into HW products and am looking forward to sipping and making a few manhattans with it during the turkey day festivities.

I would stick to consuming it pure in a nosing glass if you will. I personally was disapointed by its performance in the sazerac as well as in the manhattan. willett 4yo rye is my 1st pick when it comes to cocktails. rendezvous rye is a perfect sip neat but I think it lacks the power to shine in many cocktails.

I would stick to consuming it pure in a nosing glass if you will. I personally was disapointed by its performance in the sazerac as well as in the manhattan. willett 4yo rye is my 1st pick when it comes to cocktails. rendezvous rye is a perfect sip neat but I think it lacks the power to shine in many cocktails.

Appreciate the advice, especially since I also am a huge fan of the Willett rye in cocktails. I'm sure I'll make at least one manhattan for research sake and let you know what I think.

Picked up another Masterson's Rye Batch 3 before they are gone after tasting it last week. Don't if other batches match up but the 3 is excellent!

I got a call from a store asking if I wanted their sole bottle of VWFRR. Well.....OK.

So that's a FoundBottle.

So that's a FoundBottle.

Wayh-Waaayh...

I picked up a trio of HW16 375s at a small corner store in Boston. One for my brother on being a new dad, and two for me. I haven't seen this in the Chicago market for at least the last year so I figured it might be my last chance even though I paid a 33% premium over what I paid for my 750s.

The Boston no liquor tax policy helped close that gap though!

1 for you 2 for me... sounds good.

I grabbed a lone a DSP-354 Ritt100 sitting on a shelf full of new DSP-1's. I'll probably buy every 354 I see from now on as I'm not a fan of the new edition.

WTR 101. Sitting hidden in the middle of a line of 81's. Was a little more $27 than I wanted but still worth it. The case at home is now full so will need to find a new hiding spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saz18. Thought I was going to have to drive 6 hours to pick it up when it dawned on me that one of my car buddies has family in Baton Rouge and sure enough he was going home for Thanksgiving. He didn't mind at all picking it up. But then I did haul his race tires to Georgia and back a couple months ago. Seems like a fair trade of pack mule duties.

Whoa, nice. I am surprised to hear these are still in the wild.

Some places in Hawaii just don't know what they have.

Wayh-Waaayh...

I picked up a trio of HW16 375s at a small corner store in Boston. One for my brother on being a new dad, and two for me. I haven't seen this in the Chicago market for at least the last year so I figured it might be my last chance even though I paid a 33% premium over what I paid for my 750s.

The Boston no liquor tax policy helped close that gap though!

Bought a second VR21 and a VR23 for the bourbon mule. Cheers!

Some great finds! Aaron, that HW16 is a great pickup, very scarce around MA now too. No sales tax is pretty great, but Boston prices definitely tend to be above MSRP. There's just nothing better than scoring a great bottle of rye. Well, other than drinking it!

Saz18. Thought I was going to have to drive 6 hours to pick it up when it dawned on me that one of my car buddies has family in Baton Rouge and sure enough he was going home for Thanksgiving. He didn't mind at all picking it up. But then I did haul his race tires to Georgia and back a couple months ago. Seems like a fair trade of pack mule duties.

That's cool! Pretty interesting trade of "services!"

Trekked into Binny's south loop store before taking my sister out to lunch today. Convenient for me she lives pretty close to there.

Saw a lot and passed on most.

Ended up with the trip with two Lot 40's for the trip. Excited to open one of these when I get home and see how the goods shake out.

B

Picked up another bottle of the WFE 4 Rye. The first bottle I tried really surprised me so it was a no brainer when I found a second bottle. Also my buddies were traveling through KY coming back from IL and picked up a couple bottles of WTR 101 for me.

If only I could find a Saz 18. That one still eludes me. On the other hand, what is the consensus on the HW 21 and the Hirsh 25? These have been on my radar but I've yet to pull the trigger.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!