What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

-13 here in Fargo right now, -31 windchill... Will be tailgating in the morning hope it breaks into single digits below zero! Dickel Rye to start but needed some W12 to finish off the night.

NDSU game? I wonder how Furman will feel about the weather? :shocked:

NDSU game? I wonder how Furman will feel about the weather? :shocked:

The Purple Paladins will be freezing their asses off. They're Southern boys.

The Purple Paladins will be freezing their asses off. They're Southern boys.

Both teams are fortunate that NDSU plays their home games in the Fargodome.

The tailgaters? Not so fortunate.

Yup, NDSU game... When the Furman players plane landed this afternoon the windchill was -20. Might have opened a few eyes of those southern boys. Hope it's a good game tomorrow, think the Bison can get it done.

2013 edition of Saz18

Got up very early and stood in line on cold Saturday morning at LCBO for the right to buy one bottle of each of BTAC.

Did a little hunting today, while nothing too special showed it's face I grabbed every dsp354 Rittenhouse I could find, a well priced older label RR rye and couldn't pass up a liter of Dickel for $18.re5aryge.jpg

Thanks to a tip from a fellow GBS member, I happily picked up a Bourye today. They also had a lone Jefferson 10 rye, Batch 3 NCF, on the shelf. It found a new home, also.

Thanks to a tip from a fellow GBS member, I happily picked up a Bourye today. They also had a lone Jefferson 10 rye, Batch 3 NCF, on the shelf. It found a new home, also.

Very nice finds! You are having a bit of success with that early Jeff Rye lately as I recall.

I have a Batch 11. I really like it. I ran across a store with bottles that appear even older. I might just call them tomorrow to find out the batch number. It is a little store with a distinct clientele so they will probably find the question odd. Oh well.

It is definitely a one of a kind taste. Well worth the price to me. Maybe not for everyone but I enjoy it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Couple of weeks ago an AE rye cask strength held by my contact. $149

I love this place because they are extremely fair and honorable with the prices. Another example, they held

a GTS as well and charged me $79! Opened and shared it on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of weeks ago an AE rye cask strength held by my contact. $149

I love this place because they are extremely fair and honorable with the prices. Another example, they held

a GTS as well and charged me $79! Opened and shared it on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either you have something quite unique or you mean the AE port finished Bourbon cask strength? They have not done a cask strength of the AE rum cask finished rye to my knowledge.

Either you have something quite unique or you mean the AE port finished Bourbon cask strength? They have not done a cask strength of the AE rum cask finished rye to my knowledge.

Thanks for the correction; that's is correct.

Cheers

I have only had one bottle of HW21 but it was tremendous. I do have another bottle in the bunker that I am saving for a "special" day. Ridiculously expensive but at least you know what you are getting.

I agree totally. I took a bottle to the Gazebo last spring, and brought a 1/4 of the bottle home, and that didn't last long.

I too, have another in the bunker...may take it to the Gazebo in 20 years.

I've onlu purchased, and emptied one bottle of Wiser's Legacy. Haven't seen any tasting notes but to me it was just blah.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!