What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up two bottles of Willett 4yr 110° today. It has been a while since I had come across one, let alone two.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Pick up of Bulleit Rye 1L for 38.99.. Cant really find a better deal elsewhere anymore and its my everyday Rye

Just grabbed this Smooth Ambler Old Scout 8yr Rye (bottled at cask strength) that was selected by Astor Wines.

Really feeling this one. Nice to find an option somewhere in between Willett and Handy (as far as bottling proof is concerned).

post-10570-14489820416472_thumb.jpg

Two more bottles of RITTBIB @ $19.99 for the bunker. Got to stock up!

DSP 354, or 1? I just bought three more 354's for the bunker. It's pretty much all 1's out there now.

A couple firsts for me, HW Double Rye and a CEHT Rye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did the Taylor set you back if you don't mind me asking? That's one that has fallen into the "rare release" (even though its readily available) price range.

DSP 354, or 1? I just bought three more 354's for the bunker. It's pretty much all 1's out there now.

DSP 354 has been gone from these parts for months All we have is DSP1 and its running out.

What did the Taylor set you back if you don't mind me asking? That's one that has fallen into the "rare release" (even though its readily available) price range.

My local whiskey monger has just priced all his CETH bottles @ $79.99 so I'm passing.

On sale for $59.81. Have 3 Ryes open currently so it won't get cracked for a bit. Picked it up since it was on sale from $69.99.

My local whiskey monger has just priced all his CETH bottles @ $79.99 so I'm passing.

They bumped to $89.99 or $99.99 around here. The one rye in my bunker set me back $59.99 late summer '13 before the fall release mess. Talked to several retailers who got little or no Pappy/BTAC. The distributors doled out CEHT's as consolation prizes and told the retailers they were the next big deal and so they were priced accordingly. And of course they must be expensive in those fancy tubes.

On sale for $59.81. Have 3 Ryes open currently so it won't get cracked for a bit. Picked it up since it was on sale from $69.99.

now that's a fair price! Nice score.

now that's a fair price! Nice score.

The CEHT Rye is abundant around these parts, but the price tag is a little daunting so I have yet to pull the trigger. Is there any solid information (or fun gossipy speculation) about the mashbill of the CEHT rye? From the tasting notes I would believe that it is a different mashbill than what is used for Baby Saz and THH, or perhaps the same with extra age? I usually do a bit of research before pulling the trigger on a $70 bottle so this is important to me because my curiosity is killing me about this bottle.

As always, sorry if this has been hashed out before. I am new to this part of SB.com (indeed, I did not know it existed until maybe 2 weeks ago). Thanks!

The CEHT Rye is abundant around these parts, but the price tag is a little daunting so I have yet to pull the trigger. Is there any solid information (or fun gossipy speculation) about the mashbill of the CEHT rye? From the tasting notes I would believe that it is a different mashbill than what is used for Baby Saz and THH, or perhaps the same with extra age? I usually do a bit of research before pulling the trigger on a $70 bottle so this is important to me because my curiosity is killing me about this bottle.

As always, sorry if this has been hashed out before. I am new to this part of SB.com (indeed, I did not know it existed until maybe 2 weeks ago). Thanks!

There are a couple of threads around on the BT rye mashbills, but the Cliff's Notes version is that yes the Taylor rye is its own mashbill separate and distinct from the Baby Saz/THH. I haven't opened mine yet, but the reports are very favorable. Most reviews (check SKU's) put it near the top of the Taylor releases.

Edit: I would likely pad the bunker with another at $70. Like I said upthread it's $89.99 or $99.99 around here now and that's too salty for me.

Edited by Old Dusty

I'm sure you can find it at a local bar to try before you buy, bing. Liquor Barn may even have it in their tasting cabinet, dunno.

I'm sure you can find it at a local bar to try before you buy, bing. Liquor Barn may even have it in their tasting cabinet, dunno.

I always forget the LB tasting bar (until it is too late). I might try to seek it out at a local bar assuming they aren't charging an arm and a leg, as they are often apt to do.

6 bottles of Willett 4 year at $35 each. I could not resist.

Not looking forward to explaining why I have 10 bottles of it stashed in the closet.

I always forget the LB tasting bar (until it is too late). I might try to seek it out at a local bar assuming they aren't charging an arm and a leg, as they are often apt to do.

If you can't find a taste at LB let me know (I've got one just opened) and I can hook you up.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!