What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If you can't find a taste at LB let me know (I've got one just opened) and I can hook you up.

I appreciate it. I've got plenty open to share, too. We can make an evening of it.

Went looking for a bottle of SA Old Scout and when I couldn't get it came home with a SA Rye. Haven't had it. Disappointed and excited at the same time.

Costo had a full palette of Lot 40 2022 for $53 tonight. First time seeing it anywhere. Had a nice pour and enjoyed it.

Costo had a full palette of Lot 40 2022 for $53 tonight. First time seeing it anywhere. Had a nice pour and enjoyed it.

I can only hope that it shows up here.

I was just lamenting the disappearance of Willett Rye in my area, and not having stocked up when I had the chance. Lo and behold, saw 4 bottles of the 4yr today which came home with me. Price went up a bit to the high $30's from the mid $30's, but such is the way of the whiskey world these days. Happy to have some backup now.

Also, with seemingly less supply and higher demand, I think the days of Willett Rye sitting on the shelves for extended periods of time are mostly over.

WT101 1L of the new release. Starting to trickle around to more stores in KY. Label is a dead ringer for the 81 and you need to look twice to see the 101 markings.

WT101 1L of the new release. Starting to trickle around to more stores in KY. Label is a dead ringer for the 81 and you need to look twice to see the 101 markings.

Will e interested in hearing any tasting notes vs the old 101.

CEHT rye, found it at $64.99 or about $35 cheaper than anywhere else around here so had to open the wallet.

After a few years absence from purchasing whiskey, I was down to only 2 bottles of rye (06 and 08 THH). Decided to try some of the newer stuff, so I got..

Dickel Rye

Ritt BIB DSP 354

Lot 40 2012 Release

WFE 4 year 110 proof

Jeffersons 10 year

Should be fun!

CEHT rye, found it at $64.99 or about $35 cheaper than anywhere else around here so had to open the wallet.

Yeah, that is a great price! I can't remember where but recently saw a CEHT SB for that price. I think the most recent price for CEHT rye that I recall is $89.99. You are right, the price has really jumped recently in the Indy area.

Picked up a WFE rye (4 yr) a couple of days ago. Glad to have it back in the bar and look forward to visiting it again soon.

Picked up a WFE rye (4 yr) a couple of days ago. Glad to have it back in the bar and look forward to visiting it again soon.

One of my favorite ryes. I have never had the opportunity to try VWFRR but WFE is pretty good!

One of my favorite ryes. I have never had the opportunity to try VWFRR but WFE is pretty good!

It's good, but not as good as the VW. Sadly, I did not score on the latter this year. Glass half full though, as there is plenty of good rye out there for us to enjoy!

A redcap OO, bottled 1998 with the 4 year age statement. Nothing too special, but definitely going to be better than the current stuff.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!