What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found baby Saz today. Had a pour. And now I know I don't enjoy rye whiskey. Too dry and fruity. Meh. I'll stick to bourbon and let guests feast on that. I might try to get my wife to try it, though. She hates whiskey and bourbon but if she's going to like anything that might be it.

Try vatting it with Stagg Jr. I've not tried it myself (because I don't have the Saz) but I saw someone else mention it as a possibility and the rationale makes sense.

Brought home a EHT rye today. Local store had them marked down a bit. Enjoyed the two bottles I've had before, this one will probably be no different.

B

Have recently picked up a couple Hirsch 22 ryes (including 1 today from a fellow member), a Hirsch 21, a V21 rye, and 3 Saz18s. I guess it's overcompensating for screwing up passing up on so many ryes a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have recently picked up a couple Hirsch 22 ryes (including 1 today from a fellow member), a Hirsch 21, a V21 rye, and 3 Saz18s. I guess it's overcompensating for screwing up passing up on so many ryes a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice haul! That's the way to make up for lost time. Hope to see your thoughts esp on the H21 vs H22. Also would suggest that after you have tried them all separately, you may find the ChainWhip vatting of Saz18/H22 to your liking. Think 2:1 is the sweet spot.

Picked up a 1L bottle of the new WTR101. Really hope it's as good as the old one.

Found 3 of the 750ml wtr101s yesterday at $23, brought 2 home.

This just arrived today. Extremely stoked about this one.

dagusu2u.jpg

I'm keen to read your thoughts on this!

I'm keen to read your thoughts on this!

May have to wait a while. Was gonna see if I can bring it to the gazebo in April

This just arrived today. Extremely stoked about this one.

Is that something that can now be bought other than the distillery where as I understand it there are bottles for purchase. And if so where?

Is that something that can now be bought other than the distillery where as I understand it there are bottles for purchase. And if so where?

Still only at the distillery as far as I know. I think it's slated for a fall release but I couldn't wait that long. :-)

Still only at the distillery as far as I know. I think it's slated for a fall release but I couldn't wait that long. :-)

Ah! So did you have a mule or did you make a secret trip to Utah!

Ah! So did you have a mule or did you make a secret trip to Utah!

I wish I had made the trip but I just traded to acquire it. It was cheaper that way. High West is on my bucket list. I want to go visit but Kentucky is much closer. The wife wants to go out west sometime so I will get there eventually.

I picked up some AE Rye today. I enjoyed it when I tried it last year and this is the first I've seen it here in the Hoosier state.

Another bottle of SA OS 8 yr 120 proof rye. This stuff is so good don't know when and if it will continue to be available, so gettin' while the gettins' good.

I picked up some AE Rye today. I enjoyed it when I tried it last year and this is the first I've seen it here in the Hoosier state.

Yeah, I ran across it today. I am trying to limit my purchases to one standard selection and one special offering per month during the spring. It would be great to hear your opinion on this offering. Is there a variability between offerings? For example, say I buy one at Crown would it be essentially the same as one bought at another retailer?

Rittenhouse DSP-1. Bev-Mo got it in into all of their stores recently.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!