Knob Creek Smoked Maple....

Painkiller
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ok, just purchased this and am having my first glass. All I can say is.....

WOW !!!!

I am really liking this stuff! Can't help it. I love bourbon. And maple syrup. And the smell of Fall, chimney smoke (even though I live in S Fl and this is non-existent....) Throw it all together and I feel like I'm drinking bourbon with Aunt Jemima up in the Smoky Mountains, right before Halloween. I'm also getting a background hint of candy corn. Smooth as hell, not too sweet, at least for my taste, and a nice 90 proofer. Something different, without being overwhelming. Dangerously good. Dessert in a glass.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Let the bashing begin.....!

when an ABC manager friend and I saw this on the shelf, we're like add bacon favor and ya got all ya need for breakfast. But both of us thought this might be fun to try. Haven't tried it yet, but your review makes it enticing.

Ok, just purchased this and am having my first glass. All I can say is.....

WOW !!!!

I am really liking this stuff! Can't help it. I love bourbon. And maple syrup. And the smell of Fall, chimney smoke (even though I live in S Fl and this is non-existent....) Throw it all together and I feel like I'm drinking bourbon with Aunt Jemima up in the Smoky Mountains, right before Halloween. I'm also getting a background hint of candy corn. Smooth as hell, not too sweet, at least for my taste, and a nice 90 proofer. Something different, without being overwhelming. Dangerously good. Dessert in a glass.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Let the bashing begin.....!

No bashing, you like what you like! Enjoy!

Tried it during the KBF while touring Jim Beam ... actually, I like Royal Crown Maple better. Not a bad novelty drink though ... I'm a sucker for anything maple.

i saw it on the shelf a few weeks ago, but wasnt tempted enough to try it. i have KC and real maple syrup at home, if i get curious enough.....wait, i DID do that over the summer. id like to try it, but dont see myself buying a bottle of it, unless it comes in the 50oz'ers

Mod - please move this thread to Other American Whiskey. IMHO, It does not belong in the Bourbon Section.

Mod - please move this thread to Other American Whiskey. IMHO, It does not belong in the Bourbon Section.

I tried a sample of this and it wasn't bad for what it is. A flavored whiskey. I think calling this stuff knob creek is a shame. The marketing and bean counters wanting a product in the premium category.

Beam and others are obviously creating whole product families around brand names.

Knob Creek has obviously has now gotten to be a product family of it's own, sad.

when an ABC manager friend and I saw this on the shelf, we're like add bacon favor and ya got all ya need for breakfast. But both of us thought this might be fun to try. Haven't tried it yet, but your review makes it enticing.

I find the KC Maple pretty sweet, but mixing it with anything at a 1:1 ratio cuts it to a decent sipping level. I made some bacon infused bourbon a while back, and it is delicious mixed with this stuff. I also used it to dip a pancake wrapped around a sausage into, and that was pretty good. I am pretty sure this will replace the fake maple flavored syrup in my pantry.

I tried a taste of my gf's sample at whisky fest and I was pleasantly surprised, I generally dislike all flavored and infused whiskies I've tried, but for what it is they did a good job. Very sweet and easy going go down. Not my bag really but I'd say this has potential for mass market consumption kind of like that cinnamon stuff people seem to like. Also has potential for cocktails.

• 3 years later...

Well. i have to admit, I have purchased this, like a week ago as first bourbon, ( sorry..LOL)..  I like it, but you guys are more experienced drinkers etc...but it in my opinion doesnt taste like Maple syrup..not like some of you folks are describing it anyways...  

What's it taste like to a bourbon rookie?
Because it really does taste like maple syrup to me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, I hate to admit it, but this one has had me intrigued for a few years.  The urge to grab one usually hits around October, but I usually talk sense into myself...as well as I fear losing any bourbon cred I may have among my bourbon monger's staff if I were to buy one...;)  I may man-up and throw caution to the wind this Fall, however...and ask Mrssmokinjoe to go in and get one for me...:D

Damn, I hate to admit it, but this one has had me intrigued for a few years.  The urge to grab one usually hits around October, but I usually talk sense into myself...as well as I fear losing any bourbon cred I may have among my bourbon monger's staff if I were to buy one...[emoji6]  I may man-up and throw caution to the wind this Fall, however...and ask Mrssmokinjoe to go in and get one for me...[emoji3]

I'll let Paul know to collect your man card at the register.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

..and ask Mrssmokinjoe to go in and get one for me...:D

Veteran move right here.

If it works........

I've never tried this, but someone gave me a bottle of CR Maple several years ago as a gift. It took me a long time to finish that bottle. The only flavored whiskey that I've tried since then is Cinnamon, and I've still got most of that bottle, but I do like it better than the maple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went for a 50ml of fire ball, wt honey, and kc maple about a year ago. I have not finished the fireball. I tried it twice, and couldn't get past the first sip either time

I haven't opened the other 2.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.