What Cocktail Are You Enjoying Fall/Winter 2013

Alphanumeric
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have entirely switched over to corn whiskey for my Bloody Marys. Today, it was Dixie Dew for the corn, and I also embellished by dropping in a couple slices of bacon.. . O! M! G!!!!! Awesome!! Somebody here, suggested this addition a little bit back, and it is fabulous. The bacon just amps up the savoriness of the cocktail, and blends perfectly with the corn whiskey. Only downside, was that it got a little unsettling enjoying this drink with a Sheltie eyeballin' me the entire time...:D. Luckily, I cooked up a few extra pieces for her. :lol:

Like, what? Whole slices? How many is "a couple"? Do you cook it first?

Inquiring minds want/need to know before they try this out. I have some Balcones True Blue 100 (love the slightly burnt popcorn taste) that I've only had neat but, well, it's bacon we're talking here.

[Couldn't find my tongue-in-cheek smiley to insert here. Maybe a smarta$$ will do.]

Edited by Harry in WashDC

I have entirely switched over to corn whiskey for my Bloody Marys. Today, it was Dixie Dew for the corn, and I also embellished by dropping in a couple slices of bacon.. . O! M! G!!!!! Awesome!! Somebody here, suggested this addition a little bit back, and it is fabulous. The bacon just amps up the savoriness of the cocktail, and blends perfectly with the corn whiskey. Only downside, was that it got a little unsettling enjoying this drink with a Sheltie eyeballin' me the entire time...:D. Luckily, I cooked up a few extra pieces for her. :lol:

Alright Joe, you just blew my mind. I posted a couple weeks ago about having Sunday morning bourbon bloody's garnished with bacon and how yummy they are. Never thought of corn whiskey, but dang if doesn't make sense. And I always have some in stock.

Just finishing up a Sazerac rye Manhattan, and it looks like another bloody is in order, smokinjoe style.

What's a Sheltie?

What's a Sheltie?

A collie (as in the dog, like Lassie) that got washed and left in the dryer too long!

:slappin:

not bourbon related, but It meets my definition of a cockation, more than a single spirit and ice.

Put some Averna and Chartreuse together over ice and a slash of water to top it off. Made for a nice sipper while grilling.

I've really found that I enjoy "bitters/amaro/herbals" before dinner to wet the appetite a bit.

Tonight it did not fail.

That and the T-bone with a spinach/bacon/shroom salad with homemade blue cheese dressing didn't disappoint either.

whew!!

B

Alright Joe, you just blew my mind. I posted a couple weeks ago about having Sunday morning bourbon bloody's garnished with bacon and how yummy they are. Never thought of corn whiskey, but dang if doesn't make sense. And I always have some in stock.

Just finishing up a Sazerac rye Manhattan, and it looks like another bloody is in order, smokinjoe style.

What's a Sheltie?

Well, now I know who to thank for the bacon idea! Thanks, Phil! The corn whiskey works great. Gives the drink a heck of a lot more body and flavor.

Harry, the bacon is cooked. I did 2 pieces. I microwaved them, and they were just fine, as well as being easy. Made 'em crispyish. The cool and serendipitous thing is (and, I will repeat next time...), I crossed the pieces by accident on the plate while MWing, so they stuck together. Made for a nice "V" formation that sat up in the glass nicely, and allowed me to pick off some pieces for the aforementioned Sheltie (Shetland sheepdog, miniature collie, cool rainy weather lovin'-barkin'-shadow chasin', spaz...) :D

Thank you, Joe, sir. Your recipe steps for the bacon garnish are now on a 3X5 card titled "Smokin' Bloody Mary" featuring corn whiskey. We always include a source on the cards. We never let them out of our sight, but we hate not knowing where we got each recipe. Dunno why. Whatever, you are now part of our bar.:bowdown:

Thank you, Joe, sir. Your recipe steps for the bacon garnish are now on a 3X5 card titled "Smokin' Bloody Mary" featuring corn whiskey. We always include a source on the cards. We never let them out of our sight, but we hate not knowing where we got each recipe. Dunno why. Whatever, you are now part of our bar.:bowdown:

I am honored! :toast:

Having a simple Old Fashioned with EWSB right now. But, this bacon Corn Whiskey Bloody Mary has me salivating.

I tried the CWBM w/bacon using Virginia Lightning I bought years ago that got lost in the back of a cabinet (pint bottle so I didn't see it). Excellent. Don't think I'll ever use vodka in a BM again.

Having a simple Old Fashioned with EWSB right now. But, this bacon Corn Whiskey Bloody Mary has me salivating.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.