Whistle Pig Boss-Hog

Dolph Lundgren
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For what it's worth, I went to a release party here in New York for the new Boss Hog, and they were giving out tastes of yet another limited-release expression: a high-proof (112 or so) version finished in a blend of 64% Sauterne, 23% Madeira and 13% port barrels. It was fantastic.

I noticed the new release on a local shop's shelf yesterday. It caught my eye b/c of the stopper. I didn't realize at the time it was a new release, just thought it might be new packaging. Didn't make a note of the price, I'll check it out and let y'all know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
$304.07 for the new WhislePig Mortimer. No thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19913[/ATTACH]

You reeled that big pig in didn't ya Dane?

I doubt he did at that price, but I reeled one in for $169 "out the door" so to speak.

I doubt he did at that price, but I reeled one in for $169 "out the door" so to speak.

$169 sure beats $304 out the door...

$304.07 for the new WhislePig Mortimer. No thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19913[/ATTACH]

$54 in taxes?!?

What state/province/country is that?

$54 in taxes?!?

That would be Washington State, where the proctologist and the taxman are one in the same.

$54 in taxes?!?

That would be Washington State, where the proctologist and the taxman are one in the same.

Now you know why we wear our pants so low here in WA state.

What you don't see is an additional 17% excise tax built in to the retail price.

Not a chance, but thanks for thinking I might be that crazy. :)

I still have 3/4 bottle of the first Boss Hog release and find it quite good, but I "only" paid $160 for it, and I almost passed on it at that price.

The TW I took that picture from had the first release for $189.99 (plus rape-me tax) so the jump to $250 is from the distributor (and probably back to WP too). It makes LS&B seem like a deal.

I think this is available here for around $170 and falling. Doesn't seem to be selling well. If it were $100 less than that I might buy it . . .

I think this is available here for around $170 and falling. Doesn't seem to be selling well. If it were $100 less than that I might buy it . . .

Not ever likely to get down to $70 but at close to $100 I would give it some thought!

• 3 weeks later...

My "reasonably" priced bottle of this arrived yesterday, so if any of you local guys want a taste, let me know.

My "reasonably" priced bottle of this arrived yesterday, so if any of you local guys want a taste, let me know.

Do you like it? I'm curious.

Do you like it? I'm curious.

Have not opened my bottle yet, but tried it at a bar and liked it enough to buy it with no taxes or shipping charges. It was a different barrel than I ended up with so there's some risk.

I liked my one pour at the bar better than the standard 10yr 100 proof, enough better to take a risk on the full bottle. Fuller flavor and more complex. I'll open my own bottle soon and do a side by side.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.