Sign in to follow this  
jonhalter

Citrus in cocktails

jonhalter

Im about to harvest my lemons and limes. Im planning on drinking few bourbon sours. Other than that, what are some other cocktail favorites that use lemon and lime (aside from bourbon and coke with lime). Also, in the sour, I know most prefer lemon juice. Anyone ever mix lemon and lime 1:1? If so, results?

squire

Yes I have and found I prefer them separate.

Restaurant man
Yes I have and found I prefer them separate.

The whiskey and the lemons?

squire

The lemon mutes down the lime and the lime overly excites the lemon.

ratcheer

One of the oldest cocktails is the Rickey, which is now usually called a Bourbon Rickey because the later Gin Rickey has taken over the name. But the original is still great. Known as The Cocktail of Washington DC, it is simply a large shot of bourbon, the juice of 1/2 fresh lime, and plenty of ice. It's really a summer drink, but it won't kill you to have one in the Fall.

Tim

tanstaafl2
One of the oldest cocktails is the Rickey, which is now usually called a Bourbon Rickey because the later Gin Rickey has taken over the name. But the original is still great. Known as The Cocktail of Washington DC, it is simply a large shot of bourbon, the juice of 1/2 fresh lime, and plenty of ice. It's really a summer drink, but it won't kill you to have one in the Fall.

Tim