Bender's Small Batch Age Rye

RVTsteve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Talk about a website to mislead the public. Biggest give away for any whiskey drinker in the know is one water source is high wood river. This was made at highwood in Canada. Why not just say, we do not have a still,if we did, we would not know how to run it. And if we had o make a rye mash we would be up shit creek. But won't you please support our intent to bullshit you? I am sick of these type of folks. Let them get up early, go fight boilers, pumps, mills, cookers, stills, etc. Oh, thats right, they wont do that, so they just bring it in and bottle it.

I'm trying to interpret the tech data on the site, it speaks of two barrel proofs one for corn one for rye, any guesses on what is meant? I'd think it is a rye whiskey, 85% rye, 15% corn, distilled in a column still and then a pot still doubler (like bourbon or rye is in the U.S.), but distilled at below 160 proof and hence called rye on the label in the U.S. But why two barrel proofs one for corn, one for rye…?

Gary

Edited by Gillman

Tom, Tom, please, marketing guys can't get dirt under their fingernails, they've got to shake a lot of hands, ya know.

Gary the way I see it is they brought it up. Why mention two separate whiskys when describing the final product unless you are mixing them together.

Since they are self identifying (proud of?) being uninterested in the technical stuff about whisky maybe they don't actually know the definition of mash bill.

Tom, Tom, please, marketing guys can't get dirt under their fingernails, they've got to shake a lot of hands, ya know.

More shenanigans like what these guys are trying to pull off, and Marketing will replace Politicians as the second most hated profession...Still have a ways to go in unseating Lawyers at #1, though!!! :lol:

Talk about a website to mislead the public. Biggest give away for any whiskey drinker in the know is one water source is high wood river. This was made at highwood in Canada. Why not just say, we do not have a still,if we did, we would not know how to run it. And if we had o make a rye mash we would be up shit creek. But won't you please support our intent to bullshit you? I am sick of these type of folks. Let them get up early, go fight boilers, pumps, mills, cookers, stills, etc. Oh, thats right, they wont do that, so they just bring it in and bottle it.

Tip of the iceberg. This is going to get rampant in the next five years.

At our new plant, at the start of the design process, we were trying to showcase our stills. At the end, we realized we need to showcase our fermenters and moved them to the front of the building... none of these "distilleries" have any. Or worse, they have a couple, and yet magically, their rickhouse is filled with hundreds of barrels six months after they are opened.

It's going to get far, far worse, folks.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.