Jack Daniels Master Distiller series

velocci
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

hi all, i seen this bottle in the store recently. what is the difference between this bottle and the regualr jack daniels bottle? is it good?

It's good if you like Jack Daniels, this series is a little higher proof and a lot higher price. JD enjoys a large fan base who seek out these bottles as collectables but for the price I would rather have two bottles of George Dickel No. 12.

i love JD. so its the same whisky in the bottle as in the standard JD exept that its higher proof? making a different label and putting the word "collectable" or "limited edition" to me doesn't justify the higher price unless the whisky inside the bottle is better. so i'm just trying to figure out if i should buy a bottle of it or not.

Pool together some like minded friends, buy a bottle of the Master Distiller series, compare it in a blind tasting with the regular 80 proof and let us know of the results.

Have a couple friends that are JD fanatics. They both have shrines with all types of empty collectable bottles and more nick-nacks than a flea market.

In a weird sort of way they actually got me off Scotch and on to my Bourbon adventure, so it's all good.

I prefer this JD expression over the black label. The White Rabbit Saloon in my opinion is slightly sweeter and better balanced than the Master Distiller Series #1.

I just buy the JD Single Barrel. It's higher in proof and a lot more "interesting" for the extra $$$. Not only that, it's really damn good whiskey (IMO).

Do any of you JD guys remember the 94 proof Gold Medal edition they came out with about 20 years ago?
There was a whole series of those(7) that started coming out in in '96 I believe but they were all 90 proof if I remember correctly (i'd have to check some bottles but I'm travelling for work right now). Edit:From memory the Barrel House 1 and the Monogram bottle were 94 proof and the Tennessee Bicentennial was 96 proof. I think most of the others were 90 or more recently 86 proof Edited by VAGentleman

I'm sure of the 94 proof but whether it was Warehouse No. 1 or another I can't say. I do recall a clear bottle with gold embossed label.

I'm sure of the 94 proof but whether it was Warehouse No. 1 or another I can't say. I do recall a clear bottle with gold embossed label.

The Barrel House 1 is quite good. Really deep Jack flavor (some char taste and some maple in it as well from what I remember), closer to the current JDSB than current JD Black. I like it better than the new Master Distiller

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.