WT101 Rye Returns?

Kyjd75
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That's too much good news in one day! First BX dies and WTR101 does an impersonation of a Phoenix.

:thankyousign:

That's too much good news in one day! First BX dies and WTR101 does an impersonation of a Phoenix.

:thankyousign:

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the return-from all I can gather is for on premise accounts packaged in liter bottles in 21 select markets. It doesn't sound like you will be able to stroll down to Bob's Booze Barn and grab one off the shelf.

Curious as to how it will compare to the older WTR101. If it is pretty similar (and similarly priced), I'll be happy :D

So you're saying...

50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg

Hey, where'd you get that picture of Hectic? ;)

It went away because they didn't have enough rye. One year later they have enough for 81, 101 and Forgiven. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It went away because they didn't have enough rye. One year later they have enough for 81, 101 and Forgiven. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's been almost two years.

It's been almost two years.

That and they have whatever finite amount of 4+ year old rye they have. They are just dividing that stock among three expressions. And the 101 sounds like it will be very limited.

I'm just happy WT has started bottling 101 rye again. I doubt it will be long before some one that posts here will get to try the new label, and tell us how it compares with what we had before. I'm not sure about the only available in bars issue. I know products are at times promoted in bars. As far as what I have observed, bars only have a subset of all the same products that are available retail in the same area. In other words, there's usually nothing in a bar that I can't buy in a store. I could be wrong, but I think if WT is bottling and selling this, some of us will start to see it in stores.

I think you're right. I think the distributor can sell it to whichever accounts they want, on or off premise.

I think you're right. I think the distributor can sell it to whichever accounts they want, on or off premise.

Not sure how this plays out, but I welcome its return. I just bought my first bottle recently. A remnant of the old stuff sitting on the shelf. Good stuff!

Uhh no. If the supplier is not happy with what the distributer does with their product, the supply will dry up. Even in a franchise state like Ga. Not so much with wine but with allocated liquor for sure

How would you describe WTR101 vs. RittBIB?

Great question - I've never done a blind SBS, but sounds like my "what to do with an hour this Sunday afternoon?" riddle just got solved :D

Yes, I've never sat down and compared the two either, mostly due to a dearth of Ritt around here.

I've passed on some WTR101 in the last few months (priced $24-$27 range), thinking in the back of my mind that I don't know if it would be that much better than Ritt BIB (which is $18-$22 in these parts), and I had a couple which seemed like plenty. Probably should have done this tasting before, as I pointed some feller SBer's to those and expect they are long gone :)

Not sure of the age of the WTR101, but by the label a minimum of 4 yrs - which would make it a fair comparison to the Ritt BIB. Of course, who knows if the new stuff will taste the same, although I wouldn't expect a huge difference.

This is great news! Well, sort of; hopefully consumers will see some of it too. I will get blasted for saying this, but I prefer the spicier WTR101 over the bourbony Ritt BIB.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.