Good "Makers v Fakers' Article in Dallas Observer

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The fellow Old Ags will get this.. "Highway 6 runs both ways"

:toast:

I think a lot of the mindset comes from the sheer size of Texas. For most Texans, its at least a couple hours to get out of the state, and then another couple hours to get to a decent sized city in the next state. You can drive 9 hours, see mountains, hill country, prairies, the piney woods, the gulf coast, and never be within a 1 hour drive of another state. Texas has to be more self sufficient than most states out of necessity.

Vermont and California were sovereign nations too. I've lived here for over a decade now and still "don't get it."

They didn't fight for their independence....

Well there is still hope for you..at least you like bourbon, nobody's perfect :) LOL

:toast:

I think a lot of the mindset comes from the sheer size of Texas. For most Texans, its at least a couple hours to get out of the state, and then another couple hours to get to a decent sized city in the next state. You can drive 9 hours, see mountains, hill country, prairies, the piney woods, the gulf coast, and never be within a 1 hour drive of another state. Texas has to be more self sufficient than most states out of necessity.

Yeah that's certainly part of it..

Actually, I thought the following quote reflected the American revolution. "Winning your independence by fighting for it and then existing as your own country (and also many other thing) creates an inherit DNA that you just can't recreate elsewhere." It's all good though. I actually understand what he is saying. Everyone has a sense of pride in their heritage and Texas has a great heritage.

I hope everyone realizes that we (at least me) are just messin' with you. We Texans do have a great sense of pride but I have been in all but 2 states and have found things I like about them all...

Winston - does this apply to any spirit? Several Vodka brands that I know are bulk GNS with water added say Distilled by XYZ Company.

The other thing to note is "Distilled in" is treated completely different than "Distilled by" by the TTB.

I can't comment on specific brands, especially vodka since it's not something I follow... you might also consider that they own the GNS plant, too.

• 4 weeks later...

My local store today had a rep with samples of silver star. He was selling everyone who walked in on trying a texas whiskey. I called him out on it, he replied it was at least partially distilled in Tx. I had to check out and leave to save myself from arguing with him and accusing him of misleading consumers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.