What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

bingstein
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I will give it a shot when I have a few moments later today.

"What bourbon y'all drankin'?" is preferred. Yinz? Haven't heard that in a while.

[h=2][/h]

About 1/4 into a bottle of Stagg Jr. Very nice, but I'm not able to compare it to its daddy.

I'll be swinging by Julio's at lunch for a Christmas nog mixer (probably OWA) and to browse for something interesting to keep me from lapping up all the Stagg - I have no idea when I'll see it on shelves around here again.

"What bourbon y'all drankin'?" is preferred. Yinz? Haven't heard that in a while.

[h=2][/h]

My aim was to make it as abrasive as possible. :)

Thread title fixed.

I had to google it. I didn't know yinz was a word anywhere on this planet. Yinz are crazy.[/quote

Only in Pittsburgh. :lol:

I had to google it. I didn't know yinz was a word anywhere on this planet. Yinz are crazy.[/quote

Only in Pittsburgh. That's why they're known as "Yinzers". :lol:

I had a pour of FRYL last night while wrapping gifts. I could tell immediately that it was the little brother of the group, but had all of the traits of the big brothers just toned down a bit.

This will likely become a regular on my shelf. Especially for a parties, mixers and evenings of prolonged drinking.

I will give it a shot when I have a few moments later today.

Your really shouldn't bother. It's fine the way it is.

My aim was to make it as abrasive as possible. :)

Thread title fixed.

Oh, God, mission accomplished. I don't need any more SW Pennsylvania in my life.

going to make a serious run on my VOBBIB 6 yr tonught after what is turning out to be a very hectic work day.

Some BT Bourbon Crème in my coffee. More properly, a little coffee in the Bourbon Crème.

Want a nice holiday treat? Have that BT Bourbon Creme with root beer. 2 parts Bourbon creme, 1 part root beer. Wow, my oh my, holy moly, let the dogs out, it’s good!

Forgot to post this Saturday. Hit the new spirits library and 8 Ball Brewing at TPS. I tried the TPS 4R OESV and PVW23, my first 23. It seems as though I love everything about 4R but the whiskey. I've taken the tour numerous times, I like what they are doing, but the bourbon just doesn't quite do it for me. The beauty of the TPS spirits library is that I can work my way through the 10 recipes to see if something ever grabs me. So far, the '12 SmB LE is decent, and I like my OESK gift shop bottle, but haven't really fallen in love with any 4R.

As far as the PVW23, it isn't that I didn't like it, but don't think I'll ever prefer that amount of oak. I've gotten to the point that I consistently like the 15 better than the 20. I am definitely greatful for the opportunity to try the 23 at a reasonable cost, thank you Party Source.

Then I had some JPS 18 #13 saturday night, this is right at the far end of my preferred wood likes, but I do like it so!

Opened my first bottle of van winkle 15. Wow! It's better than I expected and we'll worth the effort.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Having Bananas Foster with Stagg Jr Tom Helt style. Mmmmm. I guess this should be posted in what bourbon are you eating? I don't know but it was tasty.

Henry McKenna BiB - at least I know what's in the bottle, how old, and who distilled and aged it. As that is becoming increasingly rare, I just might bunker this and be done with the rest.

Took a look at my open bottles and realized that my open EC12 was down to a final pour. Done! A bit of generous pour at that. Second pour probably coming from HW Rendezvous, which I am really enjoying lately.

First, WT 101, then finished off the last of a bottle of Dickel Rye and now back to WT 101.

Edited by TVojtko

Last night was "whisky" showdown: Dant Old Style (mystery juice, bottled '94, not terrible, orange-peel finish); Dickel 9/103 (still not getting it); JDSS 100pf (I'm a little embarrassed that I preferred it to the Dickel); then one proper bourbon to beat them all: a9ubated.jpg7ygujese.jpgcurrent ORVW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been away for a few weeks; got busy, then Mrs. Kalessin got a stomach virus and then got better.

Monday Night Football's last night at Candlestick is playing on the TV, and it's been Weller 12, Four Roses Yellow Label, and an ETL private selection for Julio's as the game progresses.

Edited by Kalessin

after venturing out amongst the holiday cretins today for some last minute nick-nacks, I think I'm gonna have multiple pours of everything tonight.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!