What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

bingstein
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

50/50 blend of Ritt and WSR

BMH

Stagg Jr.

The Stagg Jr. impresses me for a $50, 9-10 year barrel proof bourbon. It's a simple flavor but very well made and aged for my palate. It doesn't have the cereal grain that I dislike in labels like CEHT, and the heat is quite pleasant.

A very small pour of PVW20, shared with some friends who aren't really "into bourbon". One commented that it reminded him of every other whiskey he had ever tried. Hence the very small pours :) To each their own, eh!

A friend brought a bottle of Four Roses Mariage last night, the first time I've ever had it. Thought it was delicious. Very impressed. Was this something that was put out more than one year? Multiple different blending of mashbills, or just the one? His bottle said 2008 on it.

Want a nice holiday treat? Have that BT Bourbon Creme with root beer. 2 parts Bourbon creme, 1 part root beer. Wow, my oh my, holy moly, let the dogs out, it’s good!

To make it even more interesting try it with a little Sprecher's "hard" root beer! Don't have any BT bourbon creme open at the moment but it works with Whisper Creek as well.

A friend brought a bottle of Four Roses Mariage last night, the first time I've ever had it. Thought it was delicious. Very impressed. Was this something that was put out more than one year? Multiple different blending of mashbills, or just the one? His bottle said 2008 on it.

They released the Mariage only in 08 and 09 then they changed it to the current Limited Edition Small Batch. They're two different recipes. The 08 is 13 year old OBSV and 10 year old OESK. 09 Mariage is 10 and 19 year old OBSK and 10 year OESO. Two excellent bottles.

Edited by thiemb

The wife's allergies are acting up and she can't smell so I spiced up my egg nog at the in-laws with some Weller 12

Having a healthy pour of PVW 15 to get ready for a family Christmas party.

That bad, eh?

:shocked:

Had a small taste of the always awesome, instant classic FRSmB 2013 with my local liquor monger today when I picked up another bottle. He commented as well on how great it is.

Best regards, Tony

W12, EC18(1990 barrel), ORVW...bourbon glaze ham dinner..then ????

After dinner with a healthy pour of Bookers..never had before and what a burn..wow.

I'm a big fan of AE, but this one is better yet. I would've loved to have been with the store owner when he picked this with Lincoln

post-5227-14489820151361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vosgar

Fired through a few things with my father tonight.ND OGD,BHC VSOF,OCPR and the HHSS as the showstopper of the night,he was thoroughly impressed to say the least.I will also add these were only 30ml pours,but it got the job done.:grin:

The last of another Weller 12.

By the way, Merry Christmas to everyone here! It's been nice to make a lot of new friends and acquaintances in the last year.

After popping some bubbly for Christmas Eve, its time to finish the night with plenty of EC12 and Haaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Yes, Merry Christmas to all y'all in EST. Whiling away the last 45 minutes of Xmas Eve in TX with WLW 2010 & GTS 2013. The OWA 7 375ml 2008 & OF BiB 200ml 1987 are fixin to get tossed in a bag to travel north to visit friends & fam. e4ama2yr.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started the night with very small pours of PVW20 with family, and ended it with the last of EC12. Now I have an excuse to buy more!! Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Great Christmas Eve - had some peace and quiet for a couple hours (RARE thing around the holidays :lol:) so decided to indulge in a blind PVW tasting of the 15, 20, and 23. Didn't dilute, so the proof made the 15 easier to spot, but we both identified the 20 and 23 as well. We were surprised to find the one we enjoyed the most was the 15 (as I expected it would be the 20). Wishing they had more proof on the 20, not to second guess the VW folks at (just for my palate at least!) After a break, enjoyed some OF from '85 which was pretty damn tasty! One of the best Christmas Eve's I can remember! :toast:

Had a great Christmas Eve and finally opened my only bottle of FRSmBLE 2013 with my sons. Wow, VERY tasty. We loved it.

Merry Christmas everyone.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!