What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

bingstein
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Drank some eagle rare 10 y/o that was from a barrel my local liquor store purchased. It was great. Hoping tomorrow when they open there is another bottle left.

Merry Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As posted in the Empty Bottle thread, after breakfast this morning, I had the last couple of pours from a bottle of 07 WLW with a second cup of coffee.:yum: I love "chewing" on the last pour or two from bottlings like this. :grin:

I did a little blind SBS of BT mashbill #2 bourbons. 1/2 ounce pours of each. AAA10, Blanton's, Elmer T. Lee, John J. Bowman. Obviously, a few variations among the final products. Blanton's, ETL and JJB are SB. JJB is also aged in Virginia.

I posted my results in the tasting forum.

Back to playing games with the family and enjoying a real pour of bourbon.

Edited by mbroo5880i
Moved results to tasting forum

Started with a pour of Weller 12 with dinner. Now moving onto some Ten High 10 yr courtesy of a kind SB member.

Happy holidays everyone. Cheers!

Started with a pour of Weller 12 with dinner. Now moving onto some Ten High 10 yr courtesy of a kind SB member.

Happy holidays everyone. Cheers!

This is the straight bourbon version, right?

Correct, not the current blended version.

:toast:

Enjoy!!!!!

Edited by mbroo5880i

Drinking a new bottle of LotB 2013 at my little cousin's party. This whole bottle will be gone tonight.

Everyone that don't know bourbon knows Van Winkle it seems.

I'm pretty sick tonight but overall it is quite good. Not as complex and flavorful as the new 10/107 but appears much more refined and smooth. I like it tonight a lot actually to my surprise! But definitely a little lighter, probably not a proof aspect. Drinking it neat.

aduvyjep.jpg

Sunday - Had Christmas dinner with some close family friend, and tried some Knob Creek....it was very good!

Last Night - Had the whole family over and all the men were going through my Buffalo Trace, Weller 12, and ECBP. All of it was enjoyed, and it was a funny surprise watching them take their first sip of ECBP....that 137 proof was HOT!

Tonight - Some WSR

Sunday - Had Christmas dinner with some close family friend, and tried some Knob Creek....it was very good!

Last Night - Had the whole family over and all the men were going through my Buffalo Trace, Weller 12, and ECBP. All of it was enjoyed, and it was a funny surprise watching them take their first sip of ECBP....that 137 proof was HOT!

Tonight - Some WSR

ECBP is probably like nothing they ever had. :lol:

I worked my way to a couple of healthy pours of WFE 8-Yr (117 proof). It is a spice bomb! Then, a little cool down with FR SmB. :cool:

Had a couple of pours of Knob Creek at dinner tonight. It has been a while since I've had this and it was fantastic. Had it neat with just one cube of ice and it was tasty and very enjoyable. I have a couple in my bunker and will definitely be breaking one out when I get home from the holidays.

Just had an old fashioned with the new bitters my wife got me for Christmas and now a healthy pour of FRSmB13. I really am really loving this stuff!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Started off the night with a few mini pours of Ten High Ten,OCPR and the old tried and true ND OT 6yr. What can I say I was in the mood for a little butterscotch after dinner.

I took an hour break from family gathering today and went over to see a friend on Xmas and drop off a gift. Also took the Dickel 9/103 over there to have him try some (his favorite is ETL). He loved the Dickel. We had some of that, then some of his ETL.

Then, went back to the family gathering, and got all this good stuff!

post-10005-14489820155761_thumb.jpg

a WFE 8 year 121.3 proof barrel #496 from the wife

a 7 year 3 month 127 proof Booker's from the Parents-in-law

the Bookers leaves that slight/fine gritty looking, but imperceptible 'soot' at the bottom of the glass when youve finished, signalling a pure unfilterted treat. Havent delved into the WFE yet.

A day of Dickel 9/103 and Booker's........what could be better? well, getting those plus tools and restoration/aftermarket car parts

Bonus points to anyone who can name what the reproduction taillights in the background specifically fit.

post-10005-14489820155179_thumb.jpg

post-10005-14489820155179_thumb.jpg

post-10005-14489820155761_thumb.jpg

Enjoy the Booker's and WFE Fox (and Merry Christmas)! Enjoying W12 and SB blend with a fire and movie tonight.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!