What beer are you drinking? Winter 13/14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm enjoying a Bell's Hopslam, following yet another Lion loss.

Well at least they improved their draft position, so they can draft some highly regarded player to poorly coach.

More Green Bullet tonight,I have to admit I can't stay out of the stuff and glad I put enough back to make it through the winter.

More Green Bullet tonight,I have to admit I can't stay out of the stuff and glad I put enough back to make it through the winter.

Tried my bottle tonight. It's definitely good, but not something I could drink on a regular basis. Appreciate the hookup though!

Also tried the GI Big John tonight. It tastes almost exactly like BCBS just without the barrel influence. A very good beer for sure!

Tried my bottle tonight. It's definitely good, but not something I could drink on a regular basis. Appreciate the hookup though!

Also tried the GI Big John tonight. It tastes almost exactly like BCBS just without the barrel influence. A very good beer for sure!

Well,I went 50% anyway........I'm glad you enjoyed the Big John!
Back home from the holiday and enjoying a Fat Head's Head Hunter IPA. It's a goodun.

Happy Beer-mas, guys.

I'm drinking a Unibroue 17. It's not as good as it costs.

Shared a lot of things tonight with friends and family,Green Bullet,Backwoods Bastard,KBS,Bourbon County Stout,Bourbon County Barleywine and a Hoppin Frogs BORIS.I put a lot of smiles on some out of town faces tonight!Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.:grin:

Just opened a Hoppin Frog BORIS to share with my brother before a few guests arrive for a small holiday get together. This stuff is damn good!

While I was out getting snacks and drinks for the party, stumbled upon another 8 bottles. Picked up 4 more and left the rest of the shelf. Thinking I should have grabbed the others. :)

Anyone know what the difference is, if any, between the gold cap and white cap versions of the BORIS?

Struck out locally on FFF Permanent Funeral. More coming Monday apparently. Wish me luck! Consoling myself with some BP Dorado. Don't like it as much as the Sculpin, but a solid DIPA nonetheless.

Grabbed a few growlers of Space while at the Half Acre brewery this afternoon. They call this an American IPA and it's the best IPA I've had made in Chicago. It's a brewery only brew and the nose on this is a lovely flavor of candied hops. The malt is sweet and light, dialed down to a perfect level for me. The hops are bracing and floral, bitter enough to stand out through the finish and delicate enough that the brew remains balanced and medium bodied. This will make a great companion for the Bears game tomorrow, hopefully bringing some much needed luck to us while still offering consolation should the game turn south. Very well done by Half Acre!

Grabbed a few growlers of Space while at the Half Acre brewery this afternoon. They call this an American IPA and it's the best IPA I've had made in Chicago. It's a brewery only brew and the nose on this is a lovely flavor of candied hops. The malt is sweet and light, dialed down to a perfect level for me. The hops are bracing and floral, bitter enough to stand out through the finish and delicate enough that the brew remains balanced and medium bodied. This will make a great companion for the Bears game tomorrow, hopefully bringing some much needed luck to us while still offering consolation should the game turn south. Very well done by Half Acre!

Definitely my favorite HA IPA. Nice description.

Last night we had an oyster and gumbo party at my sister-in-law's. My son bought me Bell's Special Double Cream Stout. It was delicious.

Tim

Have some NG Spotted Cow and cheese curds while cheering on the Pack. Hoping for a win and a division title!

FFF Permanent Funeral. Not sure how Lex got lucky enough to get this but I ain't complaining. As fruity as IPAs come, if you like that side of hops you owe it to yourself to seek this out. Spectacular.

FFF Permanent Funeral. Not sure how Lex got lucky enough to get this but I ain't complaining. As fruity as IPAs come, if you like that side of hops you owe it to yourself to seek this out. Spectacular.

Have some arriving Friday. Have heard good things.

Some Bell's Two Hearted Ale on this fine New Year's Eve.

Great choice, also having a Bell's Two Hearted tonight.

Best regards, Tony

Started off today with Goose Island Bourbon County Barleywine and Sweetwater 16. That SW 16 has to be one of my favorite beers I've ever tried.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!