Sample bottles

jkater1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Quick question, where do you guys get your sample bottles at? I would like to give a small sample of the 4 Roses 125 to a friend, but can't seem to find any of those small bottle that people use for this purpose. Thanks.

I bought a bunch of 2oz & 4oz ones from specialtybottle.com. Made a big batch of a barrel aged manhattan and gave them out as holiday favors. And for a couple people I made sampler packs of things they wanted to try or that I knew they would like. If you just want one, PM me and Ill send you one, with a brown paper stick on label to boot. But I find them handy to have around.

IMG_20131224_052349.jpg

Yup, specialtybottle.com. I am fully stocked with 2oz clear Boston rounds. Just make sure you request the plastic cap liners. The "default" foam ones are not air-tight.

Yup, specialtybottle.com. I am fully stocked with 2oz clear Boston rounds. Just make sure you request the plastic cap liners. The "default" foam ones are not air-tight.

I got some with the standard/default caps, so I inquired with them how to get plastic cap liners. At first they didn't know what I was talking about, but after a couple e-mails (all of which were very courteous and professional) they asked if I was looking for their Black Phenolic Polyseal caps. They sent me two samples (they have a plastic cone on the inside) to see if this is what I'm looking for.

I tested the default caps with some water and even with vigorous shaking didn't get it to leak (although perhaps in transit with pressurization that might occur). I'm really impressed that they sent me two free samples (especially since I hadn't even made the initial purchase, which was only for a dozen sample bottles). Are these the plastic caps you were referring to? Just want to double check before ordering.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally bit the bullet and got some. The regular caps are fine...it's the same type used on most screw top bourbons (OWA.)

Samples anyone?

post-9262-14489820348162_thumb.jpg

Specialtybottle.com is great! I like the French squares. You can also order shrink bands if you plan on storing samples for a long time

Specialtybottle.com is great! I like the French squares. You can also order shrink bands if you plan on storing samples for a long time

I also have ordered a few rounds of the French squares. They go fast! :)

I also have ordered a few rounds of the French squares. They go fast! :)

They sure do go fast! I never order enough...maybe I should just stop sending so many samples to my friends!

I finally bit the bullet and got some. The regular caps are fine...it's the same type used on most screw top bourbons (OWA.)

Samples anyone?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17534[/ATTACH]

Ya think you have enough there Joe?

I think I got 50 4oz'ers and 50 2oz'ers last time I ordered.

Glad to see I'm not the only nut case out here,(my wife thought I was for ordering them) I also ordered from them,but I ordered the 1.6 oz. sauce btls, they are perfect,just like the old mini's, I went a bit further and made small labels for all of them,(50) my intent was to btl my collection, for future tasting and comparing, I also gave a few out for x-mas.I need more. I also dipped them in wax, but after reading a few posts it is recommended that you use parafilm? rather than wax, I wonder why?

post-10789-14489820398598_thumb.jpg

I had an in-person meeting w/ a fellow SBer come up with not enough time to order bottles on-line. My wife suggested the dollar store. Yesterday, I stopped at Dollar Tree and got multiple 3-packs, each for $1--I think they're designed for shampoo, etc. Yesterday, I washed em, filled em up, and shook em. They're working well so far. Not sure if they're mail- or plane-worthy, but they seem great in a pinch for a face-to-face meeting.ebuga5eg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an in-person meeting w/ a fellow SBer come up with not enough time to order bottles on-line. My wife suggested the dollar store. Yesterday, I stopped at Dollar Tree and got multiple 3-packs, each for $1--I think they're designed for shampoo, etc. Yesterday, I washed em, filled em up, and shook em. They're working well so far. Not sure if they're mail- or plane-worthy, but they seem great in a pinch for a face-to-face meeting.ebuga5eg.jpg

I dare ya to use the spray bottle! Double dare ya!!! :lol:

Glad to see I'm not the only nut case out here,(my wife thought I was for ordering them) I also ordered from them,but I ordered the 1.6 oz. sauce btls, they are perfect,just like the old mini's, I went a bit further and made small labels for all of them,(50) my intent was to btl my collection, for future tasting and comparing, I also gave a few out for x-mas.I need more. I also dipped them in wax, but after reading a few posts it is recommended that you use parafilm? rather than wax, I wonder why?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17594[/ATTACH]

That's pretty cool. I like the labels.

Yeah, a little spritz in the face is refreshing!

No joke - I have one of those spray bottles that I do use in the kitchen, just for whiskey :lol: You'd be amazed what a spritz of bourbon improves!!

That's pretty cool. I like the labels.

Yeah, a little spritz in the face is refreshing!

"Eau de Jack" does have a classy ring to it. (It's now filled JD Silver Select, and is in the hands of another SB member ... hopefully, he'll post notes on the Top Notes, Bass Notes and the Drydown.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.