Currently Available Age-Stated Bourbons

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Pretty sure they go through the tasting room bottles pretty quickly at Heaven Hill

Ahhhhhh, Thanx.     I searched back through this thread looking for the caption on that pic, and apparently missed the fact that this was the HH tasting room.    Thanx for clearing it up for me.

Thanx, too to:

48 minutes ago, VAGentleman said:

Don't know if it matters any but most places have toppers for the speed pour tops to put on at the end of the night.

I wondered briefly about that, too.    It makes sense for 'em to be able to quickly cap 'em over, rather than replace 'em with the original corks or caps.

11 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

What's up with the 'speed-pours'?  

Those are Posi-Pours™. Portion control spouts, those in the picture are gray, so 1/4 ounce per tip of the bottle.

I know, I know, a fourth of an ounce is paltry, but tip the bottle twice and you get the legal amount of sample liquor pour, plus you give the impression you are being generous with the pour.

12 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

What's up with the 'speed-pours'?    Doesn't that admit rather more air into the bottle while it's stored?    Just askin'.  

I'm not a bit familiar with 'em, other than I know taverns use 'em for frequently poured bottles.     I always assumed because it didn't matter to have them in the bottle tops, since the bottles would be emptied in a day or two. 

Am I totally off base on this?

Some speed pourers have what amounts to a ball bearing built in so that they are sealed when upright. As already noted those pour a specific amount when used (if the pourer does it correctly) so they may have at least a bit of seal when upright.

If your tour guide or server is pouring slowly with one of those, don't say anything.  If you pour slowly enough, the ball bearing doesn't move and won't stop the flow. ;)

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, wadewood said:

No shit.

Good to "see" your posts again, Wade.B)

Loved the list.  THX.

On 4/24/2017 at 8:55 PM, Jazz Nut said:

No new bottle or anything!  I think it was limited to 1 per tour patron.  Grenades were as well.

IMG_9245.JPG

The Va ABC just started a lottery today for the Elijah Craig 18 year old. They have 138 bottles that will go for $129.99 per.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.