Wild Turkey Diamond Anniversary

sob0728
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Can we stop saying it's a mix of 13 & 16 y/o barrels? That's a dodge. It's a 13 y/o. Age is of the youngest barrel in the mix.

And thanks Qman.:grin:

Can we stop saying it's a mix of 13 & 16 y/o barrels? That's a dodge. It's a 13 y/o. Age is of the youngest barrel in the mix.

And thanks Qman.:grin:

Yes! When will they all hear our cries?!?! We want less information, dagnabbit!!!! :D

Apparently this will first be available at their new visitor's center starting April 15, then a nationwide roll-out this fall. Still no word on price...

Thanks alot for that qman. Its a very good read and a nice tribute for a true bourbon icon.

I'm late to the party here, and I didn't read through the entire thread, but I wanted to mention that this whiskey was actually poured during the seminar program during the WhiskyFest NY seminar program on Saturday. The bottles were 750 ml sample bottles, with the sample label marked "Diamond." Same proof, etc. A different whiskey was going to be poured, but Wild Turkey replaced it with this whiskey at the last minute. So, if anyone here happened to attend the seminar that day, you already tasted it.

I'm late to the party here, and I didn't read through the entire thread, but I wanted to mention that this whiskey was actually poured during the seminar program during the WhiskyFest NY seminar program on Saturday. The bottles were 750 ml sample bottles, with the sample label marked "Diamond." Same proof, etc. A different whiskey was going to be poured, but Wild Turkey replaced it with this whiskey at the last minute. So, if anyone here happened to attend the seminar that day, you already tasted it.

Man you think they would have shouted that from the mountain tops that day and not quietly swapped out?

Yes! When will they all hear our cries?!?! We want less information, dagnabbit!!!! :D

Bernheim out my nose. WHEW! that burns.

Man you think they would have shouted that from the mountain tops that day and not quietly swapped out?

It was still 2013, and I don't think they wanted to acknowledge it yet.

It was still 2013, and I don't think they wanted to acknowledge it yet.

Anybody that was there care to share their impressions?

• 4 weeks later...

I will wait until I find them on closeout like I did with Tradition.

I will wait until I find them on closeout like I did with Tradition.

Assuming it gets even decent reviews (and based on the current bourbon buying climate) I would be pretty surprised if they didn't all sell very quickly. Although, $100 seems to be the tipping point for some people. Booker's is still on shelves, but pretty much every other limited release is gone within days.

Its worth the chance in waiting. If I miss out, I'll soothe myself with the Tradition that I bunkered at 60 a pop. :)

Its worth the chance in waiting. If I miss out, I'll soothe myself with the Tradition that I bunkered at 60 a pop. :)

That's awesome. I'd buy Tradition all day at $60. It's in my top 3.

That's awesome. I'd buy Tradition all day at $60. It's in my top 3.

Second that, I paid $100 for each of mine and would again. Damn fine Bourbon!

Hmmm.

I might tour WT in late May, but I'm unlikely to spend the $125 on this.

I'm thinking it's worth the risk that it will be cheaper in stores in the fall.

I too would not have hesitated, on the other hand, if it were higher proof.

tbt

I'm guessing locally it will be between $175 & $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. So the opposite of the HH visitor center pricing model...that's interesting.

Hopefully they'll surprise us at retail - I'd get on board for 90 or 100 bucks.

tbt

Picked up one today at the gift shop. They had 20 or so on the tables and the clerk said all they had left in the back was 8 cases, for what that means. On another note, the visitor center was packed and parking was were you could find a spot in the grass.

Cool. Chuck has already approved of this release - Please let us know when you open it what you think of it.

tbt

I had some at the Gazebo last night. It was "underwhelming". Reminded me of the RR Small Batch Single Barrel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.