Elmer T. Lee Commemorative Bottle?

thurst63
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

SN, if it's the same mashbill then the differences are time in the barrel, placement of said barrel in rickhouse (higher placement=quicker aging), char level of barrel, proof going into barrel and proof going into the bottle. Anything else I missed y'all?

SN, if it's the same mashbill then the differences are time in the barrel, placement of said barrel in rickhouse (higher placement=quicker aging), char level of barrel, proof going into barrel and proof going into the bottle. Anything else I missed y'all?
If you want to get real particular, you'd need to include characteristics of the particular warehouse/rickhouse the barrel is pulled from (climate controlled, metal walls vs brick vs wood, etc), as well as the characteristics of the particular barrel used. Not just char level, but method of stave drying (oven baked vs. air dried), stave drying time, etc. Individual warehouse differences can be pretty major, barrel characteristics are probably getting a little OCD for most. Edited by garbanzobean

Another category (subcategory of the barrel selection) would be warehouse and warehouse location. For instance, I seem to recall that ETL is not aged in the same warehouse as Blanton's. E.H. Taylor's bourbon offerings are BT mashbill 1 that is supposedly only pulled from Warehouse C. Taylor could be a bad example though, since that particular brand is subject to fairly heavyhanded marketing practices.

Wait a minute here. CETH is Mash Bill 1?Well there goes my statement that this Mash Bill doesn't work for me because I love me some CETH.

Goes to show you just have to try them all without any preconceived opinions.

Wait a minute here. CETH is Mash Bill 1?Well there goes my statement that this Mash Bill doesn't work for me because I love me some CETH.

Goes to show you just have to try them all without any preconceived opinions.

http://bourbonr.com/blog/buffalo-trace-distillery-bourbon-mash-bills/

CEHT is surprisingly rye-forward, but multiple sources claim it is MB1. I enjoy the E.H. Taylor line quite a bit, though I don't think anyone here would accuse it of being underpriced.

http://bourbonr.com/blog/buffalo-trace-distillery-bourbon-mash-bills/

CEHT is surprisingly rye-forward, but multiple sources claim it is MB1. I enjoy the E.H. Taylor line quite a bit, though I don't think anyone here would accuse it of being underpriced.

Agree with that! Although I really enjoy all variations of CETH the recent price hikes (at least the ones I have to deal with) have ended my purchases for the time being.

CEHT is surprisingly rye-forward, but multiple sources claim it is MB1.

CEHT is a Sazarac brand, as are all the #1 mash bill brands. Age International owns the #2 mash bill brands.

CEHT is a Sazarac brand, as are all the #1 mash bill brands. Age International owns the #2 mash bill brands.

I dont understand, so Sazerac cannot have a product distilled with #2 mash bill? I understand owning the brand but the mix?

I dont understand, so Sazerac cannot have a product distilled with #2 mash bill? I understand owning the brand but the mix?

To simplify, the mix is the brand.

Anybody seen this in the wild yet? Today and tomorrow seem to be stocking days around here. I checked in with one store and saw a bunch of standard ETL, but none of the commemorative edition yet.

Anybody seen this in the wild yet? Today and tomorrow seem to be stocking days around here. I checked in with one store and saw a bunch of standard ETL, but none of the commemorative edition yet.

Did they just receive the standards? I thought BT was shipping the commemoratives in place of the standards this go-round, but maybe it's a combo?... If so, I presume that would mean fewer commemoratives?...

Haven't seen either here yet, but I'm actually pretty excited about this release.

Haven't seen either here yet, but I'm actually pretty excited about this release.

May I ask why? Do you anticipate it will be anything more than standard ETL ramped up slightly in proof to 93?

Me too. Even if it's only half as good as the ETL 90th birthday bottling they/he did, it will be well worth the wait. :yum:

May I ask why? Do you anticipate it will be anything more than standard ETL ramped up slightly in proof to 93?

Maybe not, but not like that's a bad thing. I like regular ole ETL. And this is just a nice tribute for a good cause. Win win.

Maybe not, but not like that's a bad thing. I like regular ole ETL. And this is just a nice tribute for a good cause. Win win.

Count me in the "excited to buy" camp.

Count me in as excited also. One I know where is comes from. It is celebrating a true legend in the business and any time BT it any of the big boys adds proof to a bottle it is a good thing. Doesn't appear retail, if it can be found there, will be too outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, even if standard with a slightly higher proof, it should be good. However, I would expect BT to try to pick top barrels for this release. Unfortunately, I don't think it will make the shelves. It is going to be so highly sought after. I would also be curious as to the MSRP.

I agree, even if standard with a slightly higher proof, it should be good. However, I would expect BT to try to pick top barrels for this release. Unfortunately, I don't think it will make the shelves. It is going to be so highly sought after. I would also be curious as to the MSRP.

From a precious post, suggested retail is 34.99. Not sure where that number came from just giving info that was previously posted. As you said, I don't expect to find any at retail stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are so spoiled we can be blase about a mere bunch of ETLs.

Ha, touché. Fortunately, VA hasn't seen the ETL drought much of you guys are seeing, at least in my opinion. I keep hearing "stock up" but it's hard to get in that mindset when it's everywhere. The only thing we've been low on is 750ml of BT, which were gone for about six weeks, but seem to be back.

On the flip side of that coin, I've never seen a single bottle of W12 in Virginia, so I get the sentiment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did they just receive the standards? I thought BT was shipping the commemoratives in place of the standards this go-round, but maybe it's a combo?... If so, I presume that would mean fewer commemoratives?...

It seemed as such, full shelf stock. I asked one clerk and he said he hadn't heard of it, but if it's an April release that it may take about 6 weeks for it to reach shelves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's made my 'to look out for' shortlist (if it's available) when the Sampler's on.

Picked up my bottle at Fern Valley Rd. Liquor Barn in Louisville on Friday. $34.99. They received a dozen. Plan on working my way through a couple of drams today. I'd imagine the slightly higher proof will handle a splash of water nicely.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.