Your Favorite Flask-Bourbon?

bluesbassdad
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've experimented for a couple months now with two different flasks. One is of conventional shape, with capacity of either six or eight ounces -- I forget which. The other is the nifty little Jameson-imprinted one, which looks like a jumbo pocket watch and holds about three ounces.

I have found that drinking directly from a flask changes the experience considerably, as compared to drinking from a glass. Even a shotglass allows some appreciation of the nose. The flask all but eliminates it.

Accordingly, I have been reluctant to fill a flask with any of my more complex and enjoyable bottlings. In fact, I briefly went the other direction, as I tried Kentucky Pride in the hope that drinking it from a flask might mask some of its shortcomings. It didn't work.

I tried Jefferson's Reserve and found that the pencil-shavings flavor was thankfully diminished, but I missed out on the pleasant nose that a proper glass reveals.

Of the six or eight bottlings I've tried, my favorite flask-bourbon so far is EC12. Crudely put, it has the balls to provide a full-fledged taste, even when poured directly from the container onto the tongue.

What preferences do you have?

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Dave, didn't you ask this here? lol.gif Not like I care but I thought it sounded like a familiar question. When I fill my flask I just fill it with something I have open at that time. Nothing too $$, Buffalo Trace works nice.

A flask would be handy right now as I pour another shot of EC12. Carrying the whole bottle around the neighborhood, as I trek between hotels, is a bit cumbersome. I'll be right back. I have to go to the ice machine.

He's out of town and out of control! lol.gif

An SB.com member on the rampage! The only EC12 I can think of that's cumbersome is the 1.75ml. grin.gif

Mark,

Apparently, what they say about advancing age is true; the memory is the second thing to go. confused.gif

I absolutely do not recall writing that post, much less sending it. (That's not as daffy as it may seem. I often write something and then decide it's not worth posting.)

I take small consolation from the fact that my preference for EC12 in the role of flask-bourbon has not changed.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Don't use the advanced age story Dave, sounds too 'weak' haha. Just chalk it up to a fun filled day of enjoying too many pours from your flask in search of your preferred bourbon, which turns out to be EC12. lol.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.