RITTBIB shortage

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So on my way home yesterday I stopped by one of my local stores just because that's what I do, anyway didn't see anything new but grabbed a bottle of RITTBIB just because I was out.

As I was paying she mentioned that if I liked RITTBIB I should stock up because her distributor told her she wouldn't get anymore until Sept. She now has zero inventory as I left with 3.

WTF! Is this common with RITT?

He also told her to expect the new ETL in March and had no promise date for Weller 12.

I'm starting to get depressed over all these shortages and age disappearances.

Time for another pour.

Rittenhouse BIB has gone through periodic shortages in the past. It might be their distributor or it might be the production/aging pipeline still ramping up.

hmmm. Ive seen more of it lately, in more places, than I saw it last year. It seemed to have become scarce as the transition back to HH took place, now I see it everywhere.

I bought the last 5 bottles of DSP 354 around here at least 6-8 months ago. Have yet to see any restocking.

So on my way home yesterday I stopped by one of my local stores just because that's what I do, anyway didn't see anything new but grabbed a bottle of RITTBIB just because I was out.

As I was paying she mentioned that if I liked RITTBIB I should stock up because her distributor told her she wouldn't get anymore until Sept. She now has zero inventory as I left with 3.

Are those the DSP 1 or DSP 354 bottles?

Around here when the switch to DSP1 took place there was no distribution for about a year, then it trickled in. Now the DSP1 is flowing and you can find it pretty much everywhere. It's the DSP354 that you can't find, at least in my immediate area. So much so that the last time I saw it I bought a case. I'm not fond of the new make but that's just me.

If they're just switching over the new DSP1 bottles they might be late to the party and just have to wait for the next available shipment from that distributor. Not that the whisky itself is necessarily in shortage.

Haven't had any DSP354 bottles in 4 months, all we have (had) were DSP1.

At least I know I can drive south and pick some up when the bunkers empty.

Seems to come in inconsistent waves at the stores around me. They'll have none for a few months, then full shelves for a few months, then none, repeat.

I know it's available if I look around, so I don't get too whiskeynervosa about it, but offhand I can't think of any other mainstay bottles that are so consistently inconsistent in stock.

Edited by ramblinman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.