Workhorse Rye

oke&coke
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We are being over run by "crafty" little devils. Hey if they can convince folks to buy it and pay more for it, more power to them.

Know nothing other than what's on their web site which is quite interesting. I don't know that I could grow fond of their whiskys but at least they're not copying something else.

thought this was going to be a thread about what rye people used as their "workhorse." never heard of the brand.

• 3 months later...

Interesting site. As far as being honest and upfront I'll give points, and have to say I would be down to at least buy it once to try it. Assuming its not $50 plus a bottle, but we all know it will probably be $50-80 per 750ml.

Interesting that the show a stock of large barrels. Also that they give out their mashbill right on the page: 70% malted rye, 20% malted barley, 10% malted wheat.

Not on K&L website yet as best I can tell. Maybe David will wonder through and comment on availablility and cost.

Sounds like it is very young though. Some get a year in a presumably full size used barrel and some more but can't be more than two at the most at this point since they have only been around that long.

• 11 months later...

Saw a bottle of their Redhorse on the shelf yesterday. Gorgeous bottle. 3 year old juice. Left it on the shelf because it was $140. I'd love to support these guys but I'd need to start a hedge fund.

Saw a bottle of their Redhorse on the shelf yesterday. Gorgeous bottle. 3 year old juice. Left it on the shelf because it was $140. I'd love to support these guys but I'd need to start a hedge fund.

$140 is crazy. I figured it wouldn't be cheap since their bitters are selling for $23 on their website — but $140 is totally out of control.

A 3 year old rye aged in used barrels? And they want $140 a bottle? I'm out.

Maybe somebody's soaking labels off recent releases of OO and putting their own "handmade" labels on it. Laser printer copies can't be THAT expensive to make.:cool:

At those prices you could pay retail for OO re-bottle it and come out way ahead.

Hey, hey, you guys are missing the point, if it costs $140.00 it has to be good, right?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.