Cabin Still decanters

dSculptor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone else remember these? My Dad just gave these to me (71yrs.old)I remember seeing these full as a kid on the back bar,when we got a little older,I remember we would sample them and replace with water, (they never drank them anyway,although now looking back and knowing what I know now,that was not nice,,shhhh don't tell anyone). He's had them for at least 30-40 yrs.There is 1 more to the collection,I think pheasants. Note the other Weller Cabin Still bottle on the right which he also gave me,(1958) wish they were full!

post-10789-14489820481179_thumb.jpg

Once I tire of the picture behind the neck of the Cabin Still bottle, I'll check out the decanters. :grin:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

These decanters are cool. I have a full one that I haven't opened yet. Anybody have tasting notes on these?

That's very cool , where did you ever find something like that, As I stated in my post, I have tried it, but alas I was in my teens at the time and it tasted like whisky.Looks like some evap loss,don't see a tax stamp on it? I would open it and tell us how it tastes. I believe around '68 for that one.

I got it from an older gentleman in the area that had been collecting decanters for a long time. The tax strip is in back of the bottle. For as old as it is, I don't think the evap loss is too bad. Anyway, when I decide to open it I'll be sure to post some tasting notes.

Of course if you wanted an outside opinion on it,you could just send me the bottle and I would be happy to oblige.:lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.