Canadian Whiskey Tasting Glass?

ramblinman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up one of these glasses a couple of months ago. I've tried a fair number of pours with it, and honestly cannot find anything that I prefer in it over a rocks glass.

I find that it tends to accentuates the alcohol and bitterness at the expense everything else. Maybe by design do to Canadian stuff generally being lower proof and that being a positive trait?

Does anyone have a pour that they enjoy significantly more in these glasses than others?

Im using a glencairn set now, have a set of 2 of these maple leaf etched coming in 2 days. I'll Report my results. Pretty tough to beat the glencairns, but that one posted above, Clavius' usually one of these linked text, I assume is the same shape without the heavy glencairn base so those I would buy. Not much out there that allows me to sniff and smell so intensely without getting any burn. Also worth researching shapes and how the burning alcohol effect tends to stick to the edges of a glass. See the NEAT glasses for pics with their theory of design. Is anybody using those? I almost boughtt a set of 2 for $40 last week.

Edited by jmj_203

Had a 4-pack of the "Canadian Clencairns" in my hands today, but ultimately put 'em back on the shelf.

I've spent too much this week already.

It's a new week, so I went back and grabbed those Canadian glasses (along with a bottle of Weller 12). Planning to try them out tonight.

• 8 months later...

I have the Canadian Glencairn Glass. I really like it. Great for swirling, I usually have a bit of ice in my bourbon, Its great.

to add to that. I just bought A set of 6 of the Canadian Glencairn Glass. My Wife's gonna kill me :D

As long as you don't demand she hand wash them, you're OK. :D

• 1 year later...

I can't find the topic because the search function on my BlackBerry 10 does not allow me to search. So please meld this topic with the main topic of these glasses.

The magic with these glasses ironically is with peated scotches in my opinion. When you swirl the glass and take a sip, your nose gets into the glass. The aromas really come out, the taste profile is amazing. Yes the glasses are bulky, yes the glasses to some opinion are not attractive. But really, for all you peatheads out there, give this glass a try.

I've been studying and analyzing this port charlotte by bruichladdich. The Canadian glencairn is the glass of choice. I want to try the octomore and a lagavulin and a laphroig in this glass.

Well cheers SB hope this was helpful.

IMG_20160311_142225.jpg

If you want to get even further into that Port Charlotte try Bruichladdich's own "Laddie Tumbler".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.